I thought I would bring this topic back up since the last thread was dated back to 2010.
I think I am planning to go solar at our double (future income property) before we buy our next home due to the NY State and Federal incentives.
- NY State Tax credit - 25% back or up to 5k - https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/credits/solar_energy_system_equipment_credit.htm
- Federal Tax Credit - 30% back and no upper limit - http://www.energystar.gov/about/federal_tax_credits
- The cheap financing - 3.49% if repaid through automatic bank withdrawals - For residential customers, loans are available for up to $13,000, or up to $25,000
- Electric bills are paid for
- Can install batteries to hold any unused power to power home
- The credits received for powering back the grid with the unused energy
- No high upfront costs because everything is being financed
- Increase rent to cover cost of install over the years and include electric within the monthly rent bill
Has anybody gone through this program within NY State? - http://ny-sun.ny.gov/Get-Solar/NY-Sun-Incentive-Program-Overview
If so, can you provide the 411 and recommendations of who to use?