Good buffers? and Products.

Been screwing with buffing latly was wondering on what are some good buffers. And or products to use when buffing…

I use a Dewalt buffer at work. I like it, but then agian i havent used anything else. I hear 3M products are good, Poorboys, and Zainos (they all sell abrassive compounds)

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/60000128/Images/1/BigDW849.jpg

I use the porter cable 7424, love it-- it’s random orbital so you run less chance of burning thru the clear coat and also leaving machine marks. I’ve used Mothers products, Meguires, Wolfgang, Blackfire and Zaino with it. I also use a random orbital 10" to take product off. This is a nice package for starting off, includes all kinds of pads etc. Worth spending the $ IMHO Porter Cable Set

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/jinxxycat/Detailing/7424-2.jpg

dewalt but u better get ear plugs mine is loud as hell 3m stuff is the best

Dewalt is the best then milwaulkee. I use nothing but 3M faom pads and car cleen and auto detail supplies chemicals. Best combo for a (REAL) detail

I wanna get a porter cable random

I’ve heard they’re one of the best

+1 for the Porter Cable

I agree. Used dewalt for years They last forever. Kinda loud but dont blowup like some others. 3m has the best long lasting Pads. And they got some good chemicals too

milwalkee w/ 3m pads and backing plate i go to the supply shop across from marathon on mcneilly road … 6bquik told me about them Good stuff and good ppl. also 3m products i did the Trans am/malibu/caddy/saturn/and gtp all with really good results. nota s good as what greg can do but still decent. the chevelle im still afraid to touch

I’ve been using a Porter Cable 7336 / 6" Velcro Backing Plate with Lake Country Curved Edge Foam pads…with Einszett polishes and Klasse All-in-One / Sealant Glaze.

I’ve been pretty happy with the results and the durability of the Klasse products is probably about the best you’re going to find…I used to use natural waxes such as Blitz and P21s but will probably never switch back because they just don’t last and I don’t have as much time these days to keep the car clean.

With that being said…I’m probably going to try some Menzerna and Finish Kare Prodcuts in the near future…

The Porter is a good machine. I actually wore one out. (took a long time)
These days, i have some cheap ass POS orbital buffer my wife bought me for a fathers day gift, but i don’t use it much. The only time i really use it is if i buy a used car with the finish in poor shape. Then i use it with a Meguirs paint cleaner. Otherwise, i only use Zaino, and for Zaino a buffer makes no sense. I think i have pretty much tried every type and brand of product over the years, and IMHO nothing touches Zaino in terms of price, shine, durability, and ease of use. I even like their claybars better( i clay all my cars every spring)

I’m actually on my second Porter Cable…the first one broke the second or third time I used it…took it back to Lowe’s past the warranty period and they replaced it…no questions asked.

Very unusual for them to break…they are pretty well built machines. Lowes is pretty good when it comes to returns.:bigok:

snap-on then makita is what we use at both of our body shops… makita wears out faster than the snap-on’s

Snap-on is pricy thought. For a home detailer, snap-on is over kill. Why pay close to $300 for a snap on when you can get a dewalt for around $150.

very true…