Good mp3 Editor?

Looking to clean up my music hdd, get shit organized.

Can anyone recommend a good id3 editor?

Namely plugging in Artist, album, genre, etc.

Bout 14k files, so batch would be nice. :slight_smile:

when you get done, i need to have mine done…

tag & rename > *

fully functioning for the trial period if you are cheap but well worth the $

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

I’ve been using Zortam MP3 Media Studio. It was free and it worked pretty well. I stripped out all my ID3 tags because I have labled each file (<artist>) - <song name> so it’s not that important to me to have them.

tag&rename can do ID tag to file name or vice versa, it rules :wink:

plus batch editing, and it will pull the info from online databases and populate all the tags w/ ID info, album artwork, etc

so based on two fields (song name, artist) it will populate the rest of the tags ID3 v1 or v2 with year, album, etc by querying a database? How well does it work?

phenominal

download and try.

works best when you have the full album. If you only had the artist and song, it would be up to you to know what album they went on. Most of my MP3s are arranged by album though, so I have the tag artist - track # - track name. It then pulls everything form the database and populates the fileds, will even add reviews of the song if you want. Its hard to explain, but it was the only way to organize my collection and correct all of the tags. I have used it for years, and tried many others. Still one the best MO, best I’ve tried any way.

I’ll have to give it a try. I have about 30+ albums and the rest are in one big folder.

It has been replaced by Yahoo Music Jukebox, but I’ve used MusicMatch Jukebox strictly for its tagging ability, and for creating mp3 cds that will playback in the order that you created in the playlist, and not alphabetically.

The “Super Tagging” feature will auto-generate tags based on filenames, and you can choose the fields it uses based upon how you have your files named. It works quite well for batch conversions.

It is a pig of a program though.

I find that properly naming files is not enough in most cases because some portable devices like to use the tags for organization. (Example: Sirius Stiletto 2)

I’ve been looking for something to normalize all my music… anyone have a good suggestion for something to do that, Hopefully in a decent amount of time.

I just hate that OMG my ears are blown out cause it switches to a new album.

I’ve tried using foobar a while ago, but I’m uncertain what i didn’t like about the way it did the normalization.

Audiograbber works pretty well. It’s free.

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

Thanks… I’ll try it out

:tup: walter. I’ll give it a whirl this week.

x2 (atleast, I believe that is the one I used).

Needed about 30 albums that I had ripped a while ago tagged, as they were just called some generic name. Used 2 different pieces of freeware and one gave me a big headache… it was too tedious.

the other, which I think was tag&rename, worked great… was able to organize my entire collection easily (ex, one album for Eric Clapton was listing e. clapton while another was using Eric Clapton… now they’re all labeled the same). Pretty sure you can even associate album art with it.

EAC does it also

Tag & rename is good also.

Winamp lets u edit tags, i usually just open all my music and go down the playlist and edit them all in just a few minutes

That’s fine for a few songs here and there, but not when they start getting into the 1000’s.

bump.

i have a folder of music. i want them to all be named right. is there an automated program?

tagandrename :tup:

works great, it can do batch as well

link to an active site?