ID3 Tagging in Mac?

Hey,

I need a mass program for my Macbook that’ll do mass ID3 tag editing. Basically need to edit MP3s and rename them based on the tag.

I basically receive a ton of music and need to check all the ID3 tags to make sure they’re proper, then rename them accordingly based on the ID3 tag. For example, the file needs to be renamed off the Artist and Track Name like this: “Artist_-_Song_Title.mp3”

Any easy program that can mass edit them up for me? I’m down to pay.

Thanks!

I spent about 3 weeks tagging all my songs (about 40GB worth) with info and album art.

I used this: Music Brainz Picard

Worked great, but don’t use the automatic search it fucks up a lot. It won’t rename the files afterwards for you though.

I found that between using this and iTunes, I was able to get the job done How I wanted it.

Side note: make sure to backup after you do this. I didn’t and then my hard drive had a failure and I had to do it twice… doh.

Here’s what I need to do exactly:

1. Strip all the ID3 tags down to only Artist and Song Title
  2. Preferably check the ID3 tags for errors in a mass list view (this is my problem with most programs…I like being able to skim the ID3s in mass quantity so I can check for errors)
  3. Rename them like I said in the original post

If thats the easiest way to do it, I’m in. I have this ID3X shit now and it’s okaaaayyyy but I don’t love the layout. Mediarage is way too complex for the job IMO. and MP3 Rage is garbage IMO.