itunes help, editing song info

so in anticipation of getting a itouch for christmas i downloaded itunes. well my music isnt formatted to have the correct title, song name, etc. i couldnt find how to do this. i assume it has to be done outside of itunes, but im not sure. I would also like to know how to get it to add the album pic once its edited corectly.

example, the song name has all of the info, and the artist and album are blank.

thanks

Right-click the song and select get info.

Once you are in there double click the album art (which will say ‘no album art’ or something) and it will let you browse for pics.

If you have to do songs in bulk download a free trial of Tag & Rename.

thanks, yea i have like 45 songs that arent labeled correctly. it doesnt let me double click to add a picture.

also, should the name of the track be formatted a certain way? im trying to get some continuity with my music…

I use Magic Mp3 Tagger. I’ve used it on the moajority of my 75,000+ track library

To get the image in there, you can either have iTunes try to locate it or simply google search it and then drag the image into the area that says album art or w/e.

I just tried this program, it does not like going through 100+ gigs of music

they have to be id3 tags if im correct.

I usually do one album at a time…The program takes a little tweaking but it’s works really well when it’s all said and done.

Sometimes it will see:

Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 1
Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2

and tag them automatically as:

so you have to manually change the second one to part 2. But like I said I changed a few settings around and have it setup to my liking, I breeze through tagging a lot faster then entering it all in by hand.

It is still going through my music, I set it up for a pass through…

i used to do this all manually. what a pain in the ass that is. even for only 5gb of music. Ill try that prog I think…

I purchased it btw…one of the only programs that I actually bought…It was worth it and I was helping support the guy who made it.

so what do you get for the 25 bucks it cost to register?

edit: i wish i had the money to get it, because renaming 5 songs at a time blows

There are free ones out there, just search.

demonoid Might have it…I encourage you to purchase it.

The trial version: you can only tag 5 songs at once
Paid Version: Tag unlimited amount

that’s the only difference. But for a large library like I have It was worth the $25