good price for a crx si?

i just got a good deal for a 90 crx si. and my whole reason to get it is to fix the minor problem and sell it. so my question is what is the top dollar you think i could get for the car to sell it.i know ebay is different but im seeing these go for 3500-4500 on ebay that say stock. now the info on the one i can get. its a 90 crx si all original interior two minor rips on seats,125k on whole car, short ram intake,short throw shifter,exhaust and i believe a header. there is some minor rust on the thing but will be taking care of and has 14inch after market wheels. so what do you think i could get if it was repainted and rust gone?

idiots will pay 5k for an SI around here.

I wouldnt, the cancer the cars get around this area is a PITA to deal with even after its fixed.

If you do go after the car be very sure that there is no rust under the plastic rockers the water, salt, and shit just lays under them and proceeds to rust out bad.

2k max is what i would pay

Someone paying 5k for a stock CRX is out of their mind. I agree for a real clean stock Si 2k is about all I’d consider paying unless it was like a 1 owner with 50k miles.

2k max and that would be for an org rustfree not fixed

about $5.67

ok i waas just wondering because i can get the car for about 500 and it needs a head gasket and i have a vtec head. so i was going to mini me it and see how much profit i could make… thanks

i sold my clean ZERO RUST civic hatch w/ ls swap, quaife lsd, thermal cat back, dc header nuespeed springs, new brakes, mint si interior for $3500.

a stock non molested 4th gen w/ zero rust ever i’d go 2-2500 for it. a rusted car stock id go no more than grand, and rusted w/ some shit done, 2k max pending rust.

problem w/ 4th gens, they are out there. it is matter of finding shit w/o rust. on honda, once there is rust, will allways be rust. dont care if you cut the sheetmetal out and weld new in.

IMO if you do the minime and the car is clearn I’d say you could definitely get 1500-2000 for it depending on the overall condition - you’d have to weigh just how valuable new paint would be, I personally think you’d spend more on the paint than you’d earn back on increased value. Maybe you’d pull more on ebay, but I doubt you’d get any more than that on here. Also now that we know what you’re paying for it we are going to lowball you. :smiley:

thats what i was thinking about throwing it on ebay. and i paint and get paint cheap:D. or my other option could be pick up the car keep it and have some fun with it. who knows thought it would be a nice easy way to get myself out of debt alittle

i miss mine…i dorve the piss out of it for 3 years bought the si for 500 bucks put break pads and wheel bearing in three years sold it for 800 bucks to a kid that needed a car. i drove that bastered everywhere

my friend had one with a zc nice car but check them rockers for sure
and gl gettin more then 2500 outta it

2500 at the most.

i’d have to see it. if the upgrades aren’t quality parts, they lower the price below stock in my eyes… and the rust repair has to be flawless.

this is the reason i believe i can sell mine on ebay for a good bit… http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEAR-MINT-1991-CRX-SI-LOW-LOW-MILES-38MPG-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ140215994400QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140215994400 granted its in perfect shape the bids are up to almost 6k on a stock one… damn people must be dumb on ebay

I guarrentee yours isnt that clean… i’d pay 6k for that one!

That’s a really clean car. wow.

that car is like museum clean, 80k original miles with no rust, accidents, or body work ever…that’s probably about as close as you could find to a collector’s CRX, I might well pay $6k for that one but I definitely wouldn’t modify it…the miles might be a little high for a collectible but as you can see from the auction it still has some appeal…even if you did a complete “restoration” on yours I don’t think it would reach the value of the ebay car…

Not trying to piss in your cheerios, if you get $6k for your car that’s fawkin awesome and props to you for flipping it.

ya not saying i would get that much just saying people are paying alot for them now.jay you wouldnt pay 6k for that your just being ghey. and i think im keeping it since i know i wont get enough to want to sell it.