Good shop in Amherst?

My buddy just called me from Rochester. His brother goes to UB and lives in Hadley, he’s got a 99ish Accord 4 cylinder. Apparently it started making a knocking noise on his way to south. He pulled over and looked and found something like “a black 1/2” rubber hose with oil in it." I think he said “it was disconnected and there were like 4 of them going into the engine.”

:wtf:

Anyhow, he’s not a DIY kinda guy :gay:so he just wants to know of a nearby place to have AAA tow it to. Any recommendations?

Advanced Automotive on Niagara Falls Blvd right near Maple. those guys are the tits. my family has beenn going there for years and they r the most honest mechanics you will ever find and they do amazing work. give them a call at 838-4259

Thanks Mike. I passed on the recommendation. Haha apparently my buddy’s bro is more mechanically inept than I thought. Apparently one of his buddies stopped by to help and at least knew enough to explain that the 1/4 1/2" black tubes was a PLUG WIRE!!! Goofy thing is that apparently the plug was still attached, as was some “metal that the plug screwed in to.” Sounds to me like the previous owner had to have a cylinder heli-coiled and it came out. Doesn’t really explain the “oily” part though…

:bloated: