Need Inspection

I know this comes up a lot, but I don’t really know where to go here in Buffalo. I recently started a new job and my inspection is up in a few days. One of my parking brake cables is siezed, I have a slow oil leak, and maybe other tiny things that could fail depending on how strict the inspector is. The car is 25 years old but in overall it’s in excellent shape. I will fix the issues but I REALLY don’t have time right now, and need to keep driving it to work everyday.

I have a guy in Rochester but no way to get there on a week day.
If you have any hot tips please PM me, I’m open to spending a few extra dollars on this depending on how painless it is for me.

Ditto. I need a 94’ Miata done this week. PM please if you can help. :slight_smile:
Thanks

If you’re looking to get away with things being busted I have no idea where to send you, but if you’re looking for legitimate inspections with no BS I’ve been happy with both of the following in Buffalo:

Auto Tec III at corner of Forest and Baynes
NYS Inspections Plus on Niagara St

OP, just read your post more thoroughly. I doubt either of the places I mentioned will let a stuck parking brake slide if they noticed it, but the info may be useful to TradersBASE or others that are just looking for a shop that isn’t likely to try to rip 'em off.

Wow I did a search for an inspection and found this thread… then I realized it’s brand new.

MY CEL has been on for awhile for a stupid emissions part - vent valve canister. The part came in from Rock Auto and schwidley and I fixed it last night. Evap readyness monitor stll isn’t complete but you can apparently pass with one test not complete. I’m hoping what we did fixed the problem or to at least get her inspected tomorrow before the test completes and the CEL light might possibly come back on.

Does anyone know any other places that won’t rip me off? The car shouldn’t have anything else wrong with it. I’ll try those two places deliverator listed but I’m looking for more suggestions in case those don’t work out. I wanna do this tomorrow.

1996-2000 can have 2 unset monitors
2001 and up only 1 unset
talk is down road-- no unset monitors

walczaks auto service 6001 transit rd. depew ny check out the site and you can call and make an appointment www.walczaksautoservice.com

I took care of my car’s issues this weekend. New parking brake cables, etc.

Well I went to the Valu across the street from where I work because they were advertising free NYSI for new customers. I forgot that they scrape your sticker off if it’s expired! Now I’m really screwed!

He told me that my car('85 200sx) was immaculate and perfect underneath, but he had to fail it because the steering rack was leaking. The funny thing is, that I haven’t had to top off the PS fluid in 6 months and it’s completely full. I parked the car for a week and a half, and it didn’t leave a drop of anything underneath. I ordered a reman. rack from rockauto, but I’m pissed that I have to drive 43 miles every day this week with no sticker.

fyi power steering leak for inspection is rejectable if it’s leaking. Leaking means-as its running the drip is hitting the GRound. as in you can see it leaking, not just a little moisture (seeping). sounds like you need a second opinion. I wouldnt let that facility put air in my tires

What if you have a CEL for newly replaced o2 sensor that won’t turn off yet?

dude, go to a quick lube, theyre too stupid to know the rules, return the rack, let them change your wipers, get a sticker, changing your rack is insane

Hmm maybe I should have cleaned the rack well before I took it in. That way it would have been apparent that it was “seepage” and not “leakage”.

And as far as going to a quick lube, it’s probably a good idea, but I hate the idea of possibly flushing $21 down the toilet only to be told the same thing, or to have them find some other BS problem. Although I guess for what I’m spending on a new rack, outer tire rod ends, (and finally pulling the trigger on a lifetime alignment) I could try 10 places. But this car won’t see snow, so hopefully the reman rack will last and it will be money better spent in the long run.

This. Any quick lube oil place should pass your car.

i go to a quick lube. had bald summer tires on the car at time of inspection, and the guy pointed at em b4 he started. i stated that i had snows going on the same week and he said sounds good and started the inspection

how about you guys just fix your cars? lol that would be a lot easier no?

no, not a 25 year old car which DOESNT LEAK and the rack is fine, yup lets just go spend 300 $ because some asshat at valu muffler said we had to

Someone give me a recommendation for a quick lube place near Orchard Park or Tonawanda. PM me or whatever. I couldn’t really find any near where I work.

french and union valvoline, broadway valvoline, any delta sonic, idk if there are any fastracks around, anywhere really that doesnt do real repairs

I really don’t care to hear someone bitch about my car not having cats or an LS1 in it…That’s the only thing “wrong” on any of my cars but I still hate going for inspections.
It’s always something and I truely hate having some asshat at a quick lube trying to sell me a cabin filter or telling me my brakes that have about 8,000 miles on them need to be replaced. I use to have a place in lockport. If something was actually wrong they would address the issue. No BS. No Gimicks.

So I received and installed the new rack. Started it up and it leaked from the pressure fitting. Something about the female fitting on the rack was defective, and that was the last closeout rack that they had at that price. So… the old rack is going back in, since it really looks quite decent. So now I’m in the exact same position I was in before, except my alignment is thrown off. This time I will be wiser and just take it somewhere else. There is literally nothing wrong with the car. I just got a new headlight/turn signal switch, so hopefully it works and my high-beams function.

If it fails next time, it will just be ridiculous.

If only Don/Carnut did inspections we’d have someone we could trust not to play inspection games. :wink: