got a new winter project!!

whats up everyone!
so i sold the cobalt ss/tc and have been wanting a new summer car!! i havent found anything i like yet.i did get a cool little car that im gonna re-do this winter! nothing to special.
i picked up a 1974 VW bug!! its a 4 speed, its needing work to be done! needs new rear fenders and bumpers. im not sure if im gonna put the bumpers back on!
but my biggest thing is doing a motor swap! ive been looking around and seeing quite a few different swaps that people are doing. just wondering what you guys have seen? the swap that catches my eye the most is the WRX STI swap.

thanks again everyone!
i will have pics up soon!

nice ive always wanted to pick up an old notchback

yea i’ve always liked them! the gf said shes never gonna ride in it haha.

drop it drop it low girl.

haha.

if the fenders and bumpers are rusted, it most likely needs the rear firewall too. theres alot of “performance” parts you can swap from other bugs for these, including cylinders and such to make it a “big bore”…depending on what motor it has right now at least. the guy i sit next to at work was big into these, always set em up for road racing and such. knows about every single trick on these cars. now i want one. haha

o no kidding? i havent gotten a chance to really get into the car yet. so i guess i will be seeing what it all needs soon.

is this the green one that was sitting at the old R&M collision ??

Ill Say it now … LS1 Swap !!! … theres one driving around

yes that is the one i got. the owner was a personal friend and im friends with his daughter so she told me to come take it. i was thinking about taking the hurts olds that is up there to.
where can i find info on swapping an LS1 into that car? that would be something to see!!!

what are they trying to get for the olds … old man ray left that poor thing sitting for too long …

find out for me and shoot me a pm …

<< this is Derrick from Rainbow

you dont need fenders…

http://assets.speedhunters.com/Images/Rod%202010/Car%20Features/mangler/KDFRod-7396.jpg

In for updates. Id love to build a bug some year.

Dan

Siq!

id rock that

my buddy johnny is buying it this week. he was good friends with Ray also. hes gonna re-do the whole car for his daughter for when she turns 16.
hes got a fox body now running mid to high 6’s at lancaster.

yea im pumped to re-do the car!

www.thesamba.com is a great source for VW parts and help during your rebuild. I redid a 1969 VW notchback a few years back, love it, dont drive it nearly as much as I should… Post some pictures up of your progress, should be fun to watch. Congrats

cool thank you very much! ive been looking for info on what swaps have been done and looking for parts to buy and all that fun stuff.
i will deff be taking alot of pictures of it!

well the project is looking to be more expensive then i had thought!

I can’t wait for pictures of this! A bug would probably be my top choice for a rebuild. Congrats!

Okay. That’s really fucking cool.