GT-R Around the 'Ring in 7:29

The GT-R is now officially one of the ugliest fastest cars around the 'ring.

Craziness.

where are all the skeptics lol?

Chuck Norris laps the ring in the rain in 5 minutes flat.

In an E30 318 on all seasons.

eat it, domestic fanbois :mwahaha

Pretty impressive.

Not bad for a big, ugly brick with a flappy paddle gear box. For ONLY $70k, which is $69,999 more than I’ve got . . . not counting, of course, the $20k automatic market adjustment that dealerships will inflate the thing with, or the tires that cost $300+ each, or the million deliberate measures to make the thing difficult to tune.

I can’t afford one, I’ll never own one, and I don’t rightly care how fast ANYONE can get it 'round the 'ring with a PS3 controller. I wish I still lived with mom, I wish I could dump all of my money into my car.

Electronics cannot fix stupid. Plastic surgeons will still pitch it into trees. Oh well . . .

ha they will but its definitly a great accomplishment to get that time, and I’d take an r32 over it anyday, it looks so much better imo

I’m partial to the R34 – it looked purposeful and muscular. The R35 looks like it was designed for a videogame. Go figure . . .

r34’s are definitly a great looking car, I just love the r32 for some reason, maybe someday I’ll find one out in like california or somthing.

I nominate this post for “Shift518 Sour Grapes of the Month”

;D

Not sure about the US yet but this new GTR is electronically limited to 111 MPH in japan. only place you can go over 111 is at a nissan certified track and once you leave you are obligated to receive a 1000 dollar check up by a nissan service station…bogus…however that number’s impressive

I’ve heard about this as well. Great car, but between that and the fact that nissan went way out of it’s way to lock up the ecu like a safe and make it almost completely un-tunable (don’t know all the details on this)… and thats no fun. I can’t wait til some company cracks this ecu

I thought Mine’s already had an R35 out with some tweaks to the ECU? Maybe I read it wrong…

Vlad mentioned something about the ECU “locator/speed” function being cracked, but I haven’t read anything about it. The thing has everything but a CIA mind probe up its ass.

i heard the same thing, wonder what they would do when it comes to the states.

I’m pretty sure i read that the company had given a couple to tuners to see if they could crack the coding. All pre-production of course.

wow… thats crazy. 7:29, and its not the v-spec gt-r?? :wow

I’m with you on this… It would really only be to Nissan’s benefit in the end.

Though it’s not like Nismo won’t be coming out with aftermarket parts for the new GT-R (at like 3x the price of the competition).

But the established tuners like Mine’s, etc will find a way, and it’s likely they have some sort of relationship with Nissan on some level…

rumor: Lexus’s LF-A was 18 seconds faster.