GT2876r on my diesel trooper???

So i’ve since brought the new trooper into the family by what else, taking it apart. The bad turbo came off not long ago since it was locked solid. Luckily, I found out that its a T25 standard flange!

So in my search I came across a cheap GT2876r… Now, I dont know much about that turbo, other than its a big front end on a small back end. Is there any benefit to having that hugely mismatched turbo on the diesel?

Its a 2.2l, 4k redline, non-intercooled… but i could pipe a side/top mount in it no problem. So, what do you think that turbo would do on that thing??

Here’s your compressor map:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/images/catalog/Turbochargers/gt28_images/GT2876R_705330_2_comp_e.gif

You could probably run that at 12-15 psi (with a good intercooler) and see some nice gains if I am reading the map and your input parameters correctly.

I have NO idea how to find Pr, VE, or mass flow on that diesel… i’d need to see if there were diesel guys out there that played with this stuff.

just put it on

I missed it on ebay. It did $430.

I’m going with a stock replacement, just b/c the bottom end sounds like there is something in there wanting to get out!!

If it’s a small turbine, I think it’d hurt more than help. Remember how much exhaust diesels produce. They use huge turbine housings.

Not that it matters now though, I suppose.

I hear you, but this is a 4cyl, 2.2l diesel. Its not exactly setting the world on fire. The stock turbo is a small t25 frame with the only suprising thing being it having a .63a/r turbine housing.

:rofl:

:wink:

:smiley: that was just for you.

Think i have the turbo i’ll be putting on it. Some old tractor turbo i have:

i’m affraid it might take a tad longer to spool than the stock one :angel:

Externally gated, much larger A/R, and much larger turbine? That should be fun :smiley:

lol

Yea, that makes more sense.

I heard “diesel” and immediately thought huge displacement.

wastegate??? who ever said wastegate?

:angel:

I see, the wastegate is your right foot, ala corvair.

with a 4k redline, im sure it wont get “too” out of hand. we’ll c if the headbolts come through the hood or not :kekegay:

You had better turn up the fueling a significant amount and install an EGT guage if you ever want that turbo to spool and produce much in the way of boost.

I’m still not clear on how the troopers fuel pump works and where the adjustments are. I might get a haynes manual as much as i hate them.

I will definitly have the proper gauges to watch what is going on.

I know absolutely nothing about the I.P.'s on the Isuzu-- I am only familiar with Bosch pumps. Who manufactured that pump?

I’ve looked online and can’t find what it could be.