GTO/F-Body Salvage in North Tonawanda on Craigslist

I keep seeing this ad on CL. I’m passively looking for a 98-02 Fbody T56, or possibly a GTO T56. Not sure if anyone on here has had any experience in dealing with him—if you have, how’d it go? Legit? I read a thread somewhere on LS1tech a month or two ago and the person mentioned his name/company, but I wasn’t able to find any more information. Texted the guy, no response back yet.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/3371773640.html

edit, found that thread

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/919210-r-j-salvage-ny.html

Anyone?

Ron is a good guy :tup:

Got all kinds of parts from him over the years :tspry:

cool. assume he doesn’t have an online inventory just so i could browse? or is it “inventory is in his head” kinda thing.

If you call him and ask him for a part he will tell you…

He got a me some fuel system parts for a 98 F-body that nobodyyyyy had same day.

parted out close to 200 GTO in the past 5 years

WTF…really? Maybe I am just not looking at that right.

3 GTOs a month for 5 years seems like a lot of GTOs. Seems excessive. I’m not disputing it, but GOD DAMN. How many of these things get wrecked? Wiki says “Total production for all three years was 40,808 vehicles.” So, it’s possible that they will be in business for a while…

He has been doing this forever

Rons a stand up guy, I have bought several things from him over the years, that wrecked GTO he has looks pretty decent for the price, wish I was in the market!!

GTO- http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ctd/3399183909.html

Rons eBay- http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rjsalvages&&_trksid=p4340.l2560&rt=nc&iid=181021805839&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

He’s a good guy and reasonable prices, just need to haggle a bit…

Text him talking to him will make u stab yourself. I still have that clutch

Hes a good guy, he works on my Lexus and has always done a good job. People have nothing but good things to say on the Lexus forums about him to. But like someone said, talking to him on the phone is kind of a pain.

Damn thats pretty sweet to have a yard full of one car that has numerous parts that are highly desired. Not a bad idea.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

How the fuck is that red gto salvage if the airbags didnt even go off?? it still runs and drives and looks to only need a new headlight, fender and hood and the bumper to be painted to be fixed. I dont understand how these insurance company’s can justify branding a car salvage over something soo miniscule. Theres no way in hell that the cost to repair the minor damage to the car could outweigh the value of a car like that. I dont get it. They prob do it so they can use it to justify raising rates of people, so any chance they get they total a car.

If it got flooded, or was a stolen recovery it gets a “salvage” title. You’d be surprised how much collision work costs, especially if it needs straightening.

Parts are rare and extremely expensive. It doesn’t take much to total a GTO now because the rebuild prices add up so fast.

norb, you can try calling him but just an fyi, i tried dealing with him before over the summer, he didnt want to sell a transmission on its own, he likes to sell engine/trans as a complete package. i ended up finding my t56 at a swap meet instead.

swap meet eh? where/when/etc? I assume they won’t have any over the winter, unless they’re inside…

i actually found mine at the niagara county fairgrounds swap meet last summer. there was an indoor swapmeet about a week ago somewhere in the falls, probably a smaller one. theres an indoor one in hamburg late winter/early spring and dunkirk outside late spring/early summer. youre probably SOL there though. i would say check ebay and the ls forums. i looked on car-part.com and didnt see much that was worth it.

the indoor one at the fairgrounds is usually SHIT. went last year with my dad hunting for Challenger parts…it’s mostly a bunhc of ratty/dusty/dirty parts some guy has been collecting in his barn or basement and decided he thought he could get some money for it. There’s definitely not much “new” stuff there…I’d say its really only late 70’s and older stuff for the most part.

yeah its hit or miss. mostly gm too. ive been going the last few years and the only thing ive bought was a brand new valentine one in the box for $50 lol. so its been worth it for me. have you been to the mopar swap meet at carisle?

not yet…dad mentioned it the other day about wanting to possibly go to the next one… I’ve got him thinking about finishing this one and selling it to get into one with 3 pedals… theres a 4spd/318 roller on CL but he’s asking $3800 with no drivetrain and a beat interior.

That red gto turns out it was a theft and if bought, the buyer gets a red front fender to go with the car