halp diagnose an issue. vw guys chime in

My Civic is reliable so i’m not trading it up. I should have the car paid for within the next year so I plan on keeping it and running it to the ground because I’ve already racked up a lot of miles on it.

I’ve been looking around for a coupe to restore but I just don’t have the time for a car right now with everything I have going on.

there is no grinding, huming, shimmying no nothing.

bring it over and i’ll shake it down for you. back to work for me now.

yeah ive never been there, i was just throwing it out there. I didnt really know of any other places. Where I used to live in Columbia County we had a VW old VWs back in the day and he still runs it now. The guy really knows his shit.

Plus its basically brand new. I would much rather have a 08 Si than any 08 or newer VW, I dont really like any of the new ones. I also said I would never own a MKIV also, so maybe these need to grow on me IDK.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]yea honda quality is far superior to vw’s [/FONT][/SIZE]

yeah thats true in some ways. To me for the money, and car class they are in the loaded GTI and GLI have far superior fit and finish compared to Toyota and Honda. They all build good strong motors and tranny’s, aside from some of the vw autos. But the quality of the VWs when it comes to the ride, noises, it just feels like a more solid car. However the odds and end that break on them tie rods, wheel bearings, o2 sensors,maf sensors and the ountless others that go on VWs is a huge pain. Ive had my xB for 5 years, its been in 5 accidents and still to this day it has never been in the shop for a repair. It has 150k on it, ive done 1 set of brake pads, 3 air filters and oil changes every 6-8k miles. Also I havent done ANY of the routine maintenance thats in the book. The VW I just bought weve had for a little over a month and already had to do the wheel bearing, it has 70k on it. But all things aside if you just get in the 2 and drive them the VWs build is FAR superior.

the prob with VW is the over engineer a lot of things. special tools and sensors arnt always the answer. VW/audi electronic suck for the most part. 99% of the time the motors/drivelines are the tits, but the all the other shit that go that piss the consumers off. couple that with the hefty price tag of german parts and well, this is y honda, toyota nissan ect sell better. that and VW and there waranties suck ass. put different oil in there and bam, void!

i love my gti, and VW/audi will always catch my eye, but i hate all the misc shit that go wrong with them. i feel like im rebuilding this thing from scratch. so much wrong with it. TLC and it should be a sweet daily. linst of things in the next few weeks

1. repair the r32 wing
  2. repair the rear fender
  3. coilovers
  4. fix this damn wheel issue.

but then i have no ac, fan switch still doesnt turn off when i shut the car off, sunroof is dead, and needs a clutch in the near future. so needless to say it needs work.

bring it by tomorrow ill look at it again. call me. if its a cv, they are easy to swap. ill check the ball joint again. i did noticed you have fluid around the steering rack. they areny TOO BAD TO CHANGE. . but like i said, bring it by. im free tomorrow.

im here (work) until late tonight, like 9 ish. :frowning:

weak. well ill be around.

Sell this piece already and get a more reliable dd

80,000 miles, its a wear item. The car is over 9 years old what do u expect?

You to own a more baller daily

I want an 04 r32 or a big turbo 337/20th.

Get an r32 for stupendous snow driftability

cheapest one i have seen is 15

Sell problem prone vrnosex and buy one

MADE OF MONEY, I AM NOT. BUT WHEN I HAVE SOME EXTRA ILL MAKE SURE I GIVE IT TO U SO U CAN SPEND IT FOR ME. :thumbup

buy my car. ill wholesale it to you.