VW?

What are your thoughts on a 2001 VW PASSAT GLS, 1.8t, auto.

The 1.8t will decimate all!

More back to reality, good smooth riding car makes for a good DD. If you’re looking to make it fast look elsewhere.

Looking for a passat…

the240sxone on nyspeed is selling a chipped + a few other tastefull motor mods on here.

Its got kw v2’s, wheels and a few other body mods.

Send him a pm for a really zippy dd

ps its a 99 and stick

i know 240sxone, but i dont know stick. cant change the turbos? intakes and exhausts? its bhp is 170ish i believe

you can do a ko4 turbo upgrade for more power and with a chip you could have a pretty quick and nice dd. But by no means will it be fast.

yeah, im not looking for ‘fastest car on the road’ just a quick little bugger, anything faster than my mom’s 95hp saturn will make me happy.
its 9k with 60k miles, but i might have a trade in worth 3-4k

Sounds like you’ll be fine with it stock, and even more fine with it chipped.

They’re nice cars, the 1.8T gets pretty decent gas mileage. At 60k it’s due to have the timing belt changed, so get a receipt for it if they claim that it’s been done or be prepared to spend a couple hundred on maintenance immediately.

It’s a VW. It’ll be mostly reliable, but have the ocassional hiccup. The price sounds pretty good too.

99 Passat 1.8t Auto Triptronic 110k miles.

Needs a new bumper cover and hood.

2800 dollars

PM me… :tup:

parents are fronting me the money and im paying them back minus the 2k i have saved. so theyve already turned down around 10 cars ive mentioned to them ive found on here, based on the mileage, they say i have to get a car below 70k miles. plus id have to save extra money for the bumpercover and hood, very nice tho, kinda pisses me off i dont have all 2800 in my pocket

Also, how much are chips, are they easy to find, how hard are they too install, and what is the HP Gain. answering any of those would be nice. also, since the turbo is stock, would you even be able to install a BOV?

wait… you dont have money, and you want to buy, mod, and maintain a VW?

look for something else

www.vwvortex.com weed through the dumbasses and you will find any answer you need. Chips are installed by the company, not yourself (the local vw dealer happens to be an apr dealer so they can chip it for you while you wait) and instead of BOV they run this fancy thing called a diviter valve.

:word: When I said it’d be alright I forgot that you’re still at the shitty job/earn what you can stage of life. For now get a Japanese car. Since you’re cool with autos and want something that moves OK, maybe look for something like a Maxima or a V6 Camry/Solara. The little $50-200 dollar repairs that are common on VW’s adds up fast.

its a 1998 passat 1.8t ( AEB motor ftw, ( forged rods and pistons) ) short throw, giac chipped, tbe, custom intake 18x8.5 axis wheels, kw v2 coilovers, new axles, alot! of preventive maintnance, buy it dave…6.5k

p.s. other mods i cant think of at the time…

that would be like buying those pants from sears with the boxers sewn into them.

looked at one today, 68k miles, $7k maybe probably, he didnt give me a carfax, he said this thing he gave me is the same thing except it costs less? meh, thing checked out tho. its pretty easy to deal with the guy because hes not one of those falcon waiting salesmen, hes the ‘internet manager’, i accidentally went to the dealership when it was closed and he slacked on blocking the entrance with cars, place was dead empty, no one hassling. he just didnt let me drive out on the road because he had to be home. he tried the usuall tricks like talking about how ‘rare’ it is, and how theres other people interested in it, and someone else INLOVE with it but theyre slacking on putting the downpayment on it. hah im to call him monday. im still mulling it over, im gunna have him put it on a lift and im gunna check under it and shit,

I shit you not the240sxone’s passat is the cleanest b5 (as far as underbody rust) in buffalo. not even surface :tup:

I’m not looking to spend 6.5 on an older, slower, and higher milelaged passat. and i want a stock looking passat, not some gaudy one with emblems peeled off

also, does the problem with oil turning to sludge apply to the 2001?

oil sludge applies to all 1.8t’s. change the oil at regular intervals, always use synthetic and a filter from the dealer and you should be fine

auto passat 1.8t? booooooring. decent daily though