VW reliability

Any better than it used to be? I am somewhat entertaining the idea of a Wolfsburg Jetta for the wife once we dump her pos subaru. The Wolfsburg is the same money as my other potential candidate a 4 door Si. I really hate the space ship civic dash design but bulletproof K20 an lsd a real shifter etc vs torque chip-ability heated seats car wont rust free 3 year maintenance etc.
VW thugs please chime in.

Still an oxymoron.

The problem is it’s hit or miss. Some people have no problems, then other people have giant headaches with things like oil consumption and other off the wall shit. I used to be into vw’s and while I can still find things about them that I like I don’t think I would pny up the money to buy one.

Well generally, we call that unreliable lol.

Jk, I know what you mean.

are you going to keep this car past the warranty expiration?

Oh all the non-gearhead type people I know who own VW’s, they have had/are having great experiences with them.

Shit Rob, get the Si…

Dang, i read the thread title and figured i was in for some solid VW jokes. :frowning:

I know I know I want an X but I am trying to be sensible here. :frowning:
Car would be kept for a minimum 5 years. She isnt me lols.
Is the Jetta made in Germany or Mexico?

Can you please not get her some front drive POS?

Mine was made in Mexico, but mine is an 01.5, I think they variate?

I’ll always say the only VW worth getting is a diesel one. My dad just got in his 09 jetta TDi and it’s unbelievably impressive for the price, and 50mpg + lasts FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER.

Some people just don’t get it.

The engine might last, but everything else is the same as all the other VW cars. (suspension, brakes, HVAC, electrical etc. etc.):picard:

X…

I know five people that have them and are past 250,000 miles. The only thing 2 of them have had to replace is the clutch. Some people just don’t get it.

i would not buy a 2.0t. there are so many people with low mileage 2.0t’s that consume crazy amounts of oil, (including a good friend’s) like more oil than my pos 92 accord :lol:

vr6, tdi or 1.8t maybe. if i was to buy a new to 3 year old car it would not be a vw. hondas have gotten a lot more cozy in the last few years, theyve totally won me over

so, ya. go with the si. i really liked young geller’s before the shit got totaled :frowning:

i thought “honda rust” stopped with Em1’s? my grandma has an 04 civic and it hasnt rusted at all

plus i think Si’s have an option for heated leather dont they? i know they have leather

So VW’s only have problems with the gasoline engine part of their vehicles?

No electrical issues? No Contol arm issues? No sensors going bad? Wheel bearings? Brakes last an incredible 250,000 miles!!! :fry:

Sign me up. I’m dumping the 335 and getting a few new volkswagens!!! The other 3 I owned must have been lemons.

X…

Who here has honestly worn out a conventional piston driven gas engine due to high mileage and from normal daily usage.

+1