Hamilton Vs Button

Lewis Hamilton has warned Jenson Button: I will not let you beat me.

Since Vettel has pretty much secured the title I think this story is the next big thing. I know Mr. Clark thinks LH is a driving god but I think the ‘win the race or crash head first into the wall’ strategy may be back-firing.

Hamilton has always out scored his teammate, but now is 3 points behind Button…

Thoughts from the F1 fans?

LH > JB. JB is the Felipe Massa of McLaren.

JB is winning

If I needed a win, I would go with Hamilton. If I was going for points, I would go for Button. Jensen is more consistent, but Hamilton is like Kevin Costner in Tin Cup. Right now Button is 5 and Hamilton 6 in practice at Monza.

I’m a LH fanboi so you know where I stand. He goes 100% all the time.

yup, no getting around it

So lets hear it, why did JB beat out Hamilton again?

Bound to happen sometimes. They do give the guy an equal car after all.

Average career qualifying and race results vs the rest of the field and vs teammates. JB is not in the same league.

Just gave a quick look at 2010 standings, JB finished ahead of LH 13-6 (19 race season).

Career. JB has been a backmarker for years at a number of different teams. He only won a championship because of Ross Brawn’s miracle car and because Barrechelo, the professional #2 driver, was his teammate. And qualifying counts when evaluating drivers.

Re: 2010: From memory I think LH won 3 races to JB’s 2. So in the world of stuff that matters, LH > JB. Also from memory, I think LH had 3 mechanical DNFs last season that were not his fault.

JB brings home the backup manufacturers points, but LH is the guy going for the win. Just my $.02. :wink:

Edit: Just looked it up, LH out qualifies JB 9-3 this year, 6 times by more than 2 spots. That’s a whole ROW between them! GAME TIME PLAYER BRAH!!!

Career results are skewed due to JB being on some bad teams, so you can toss those right out.

Now for qualifying; LH definitely has a more aggressive racing style and that shines through in qualifying well. Unfortunately that aggression also contributed to most of his retirements.

JB on the other hand has the smoother racing style that allows him to #1 stay out of the wall, #2 conserve tires and reduce pitstops, #3 capitalize when everyone else starts bumping tires (for example, monza this morning)

Poppycock. Racing highlights rolling through my head of LH putting epic Schumacher-esque historic passes on fools. Same racing highlights of JB getting worked over by everyone. :tongue We will revisit this argument in a few years when LH is celebrating his 5th consecutive championship.

This article makes it seem like Mclaren think of JB the way you do, they don’t want him stolen to replace massa either.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/3806222/Jenson-Buttons-80m-McLaren-deal.html

No doubt. He’s a sweet #2. Finishes races and usually pretty well, never says the wrong thing, no gaffes, is personable, and is a British driver for a British team.

All I have to say, is that I saw JB come from the back to overtake Vettel when I was in Montreal this year, after I waited in the freezing rain for over 3 hours. It was one of the most amazing drives I have ever seen, and I’m not even a Button fan. On a perfect condition day, on a flying lap in Q3, I’d probably want Hamilton. Last lap in the rain, I’d definitely take Button!

You would have to, LH probably would have already crashed out. :cone

Truth:crackup

Bah one lap of one race. :tongue

I watched almost all of that red flag “coverage” before I realized I’m an idiot I’ll just download the end if it actually goes green again.

No rain and Hamilton still can’t get out of his own way, what’s going on here?