F1 in Bahrain

Did anyone watch the race Sunday morning or Sunday evening? The track is worth $150 Million and is in the middle of the desert, and has a awesome looking layout to it. Mclaren suffered hard with Kimi blowing the engine in the first 15 laps and Coultard not finishing with 5 laps to go. Ferarri dominated again with a 1,2 win. Schumaker and Barricello have won the last 3 races now, if they win again in the 4th race I’ll slowley stop watching…gets too repetative.

Anyhow I know there was a meet yesterday so don’t make any sarcastic coments please and thank you.

Mclaren is having seroius problems.They just can’t seem to get it right.I was hoping to see Kimi take it this year but obviously that isn’t going to happen.I’m happy to see Button on the podium the last two races and Renault is finally coming together.Hopefully this season doesn’t turn in to a Ferrari domination.

turn in to farrari domination???

isnt that how it is already
LOL

Gooooooo GERMANY!!!

The Shumie that is :wink:

Yeah but it usually takes everyone else a few races to get their cars functioning at the proper level.Its only 3 races too anything can happen in F1 :wink: At least I hope something changes

PS. Go Kimi

yea good point.

even tho with all the technology they have now
you’d figure that in a couple races they would have
alot of it all dialed in.

we’ll see i guess.
i totally agree with you tho about the whole domination

I think Mclaren should dump the cars their driving now and use last years model as it did extremly well for them. Scott I too was rooting for Kimi to show his stuff this year, but with engines blowing and seazing who knows what will happen. Jenson Button is doing great, it’s been a while since a British driver has been on the podium since Nigel Mansel back in the 80’s. Renault is going to be the team to watch this year just you wait, I predict that when Schumaker retires in 2006 Fernando Alonso will take his place.

Fernando Alonso is doing amazing.Renault has made leaps over last years car.I agree with you Curt on Mclaren dropping the two cars and using last years.They didn’t really have any problems with that car.I have been really impressed with Takuma Sato as well.A lot of people wrote him off but he is holding his own.If Kimi actually had a decent car I think the title battle would have been a lot closer.

Sato is BAR Honda’s test driver and what a driver he is, he replaced Villeneouve is the last race of the year last season and still placed well in his home town. He also had the quickest time for any Japanese driver in F1.

Agreed on if Kimi had a good car then we’d see a difference, I tell ya I wouldn’t want to be the Mercedes engine guy when that sucker blew like a flame thrower, ouch. :twisted:

Montoya will replace Coultard next season in 2005 and then hopefully Mclaren will have a dominate team in F1.

I dont know if Kimi is going to stick around with Mclaren.I was reading an interview with him in F1 magazine and he hinted a bit that he might be leaving.This was before the season so I’m sure it is definatly a possibility now.Heads are for surely gonna roll at Mclaren West

Holy crap if Kimi leaves who’s gonna be replacing him then? I’ll have to start reading more F1 mags to keep up to date. It’s too bad Mika Hakkenian couldn’t return, he actually went to Cart, but I’m not sure who he drove for.

I personally liked last years rules for qualifying much better, 1 time shot around the track over a 2 day span. This way it gives the driver a chance to do better in the same day, giving all the rookies a cgance at being in first place for a while.

I never knew you were a fan, good to know! let’s see how they ( Mclaren ) do in 2 weeks!

Yeah I’m a huge fan of F1 and especially Mclaren and Renault.I sorta agree with you on last years qualifying rules.It gave the rookies more of chance but I like the fact that this one engine rule forces the teams to come up with more reliable cars.Unfortunatly Mclaren can’t seem to get it right.Yet…

what makes me think twice was last year they said after the cars were done there qualifying session they were to be left AS IS. No gas uppage, no new tires on…nothing so how does the engine replacement have a play in all this? And now they have like 4 different classes for qualifying because obviously the slower cars can’t comptete with the dominate ones.

Jaguars new rookie is coming out of his shell abit with a couple of trys against Kimi, I give both a hand for being so young 20 and 22 and being so talented.

They say that there are only 2 kinds of people in the world with the best reflexes and concentration, F16 pilots and F1 drivers. With the amount of G’s going on straits and corners the decision making process must be increadilble.

Did anyone watch the race Sunday morning or Sunday evening? The track is worth $150 Million and is in the middle of the desert, and has a awesome looking layout to it. Mclaren suffered hard with Kimi blowing the engine in the first 15 laps and Coultard not finishing with 5 laps to go. Ferarri dominated again with a 1,2 win. Schumaker and Barricello have won the last 3 races now, if they win again in the 4th race I’ll slowley stop watching…gets too repetative.

Anyhow I know there was a meet yesterday so don’t make any sarcastic coments please and thank you.

Mclaren is having seroius problems.They just can’t seem to get it right.I was hoping to see Kimi take it this year but obviously that isn’t going to happen.I’m happy to see Button on the podium the last two races and Renault is finally coming together.Hopefully this season doesn’t turn in to a Ferrari domination.

turn in to farrari domination???

isnt that how it is already
LOL

Gooooooo GERMANY!!!

The Shumie that is :wink:

Yeah but it usually takes everyone else a few races to get their cars functioning at the proper level.Its only 3 races too anything can happen in F1 :wink: At least I hope something changes

PS. Go Kimi

yea good point.

even tho with all the technology they have now
you’d figure that in a couple races they would have
alot of it all dialed in.

we’ll see i guess.
i totally agree with you tho about the whole domination

I think Mclaren should dump the cars their driving now and use last years model as it did extremly well for them. Scott I too was rooting for Kimi to show his stuff this year, but with engines blowing and seazing who knows what will happen. Jenson Button is doing great, it’s been a while since a British driver has been on the podium since Nigel Mansel back in the 80’s. Renault is going to be the team to watch this year just you wait, I predict that when Schumaker retires in 2006 Fernando Alonso will take his place.