Harbor Freight Settlement

Got an e-mail regarding a class action lawsuit, figured I would post up here since many of you I’m sure have bought stuff at HF and we’ve had threads before on various other examples (i.e. DRAM, red bull). Details at this link: http://www.nationalsalepricesettlement.com/

So unless you save your harbor freight receipts it’s really not worth your time, unless you’re really excited over a single $10 gift card.

[

• Option A. Customers who have itemized Harbor Freight receipts reflecting one or more purchases between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 with a “you saved” amount reflected on their receipts can submit copies of those receipts and elect to receive either 20% in cash, or 30% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total “you saved” amount listed on their receipts, excluding any amounts reflecting free items or items that were later returned.
  • Option B. Customers who have credit or debit card statements reflecting one or more purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 can submit copies of those statements and elect to receive either 10% in cash, or 12% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total Harbor Freight purchases on their credit or debit card statement(s), excluding any amounts reflecting items that were later returned.
  • Option C. All other customers who made purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 may submit one declaration, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that they purchased an item from Harbor Freight (other than a free item or an item that was later returned) that was advertised with a higher reference price (e.g., “reg. $XXX,” “only $XXX,” or “comp. at $XXX”) adjacent to a lower current offering price, and that they do not have itemized Harbor Freight receipts or credit or debit card statements of their Harbor Freight purchases. Customers submitting this declaration will receive one $10 Harbor Freight gift card.[/quote]

Hey $10 is $10! I actually have at least one maybe two receipts from purchases made there within the specified time interval that I saved for whatever reason…have to look when I’m home.

I actually do save my receipts but HF has been really good to me in the past. This is more for the lawyers than anyone else.

Yeah, this is too much of a hassle for what it is.

Shit I’d take a free lunch from them, unfortunately I don’t have any receipts :frowning:

I just did Option B in 5 minutes. Quick easy transaction search with my CC, downloaded said statements over the last 2 years (that’s the most history I was able to search) where I made HF purchases and uploaded them as pdf files.

I had a pile of HF receipts on my desk including all the toolboxes I bought. Nets me like $233.

Typically I dont do these either, but for $233 bux for 1 min of work, I think Ill take it.

Dan

So what’s the law suit over?

I saves em all too. Just gotta block off some time to find em all.

Yes, its a POS. My theory on harbor freight: buy their version. If you use it enough to break it…upgrade to a not version.

Got a check for $607 today. No clue why it was 3x what I had calculated. Dont care.

Damn nice!

Woah nice one!

nice!

Just in time to buy car parts

I got a $160 gift card today for this.

2 Likes

1 Like

Might want to edit out that MICR line too.

1 Like