Harbor Freight Worth it?

What tools are ok to get from Harbor Freight and what should i stay clear of. I’m in need of a new floor jack , my craftsman jack finally died. i just want some opinions on whats ok to buy there. They always have awesome deals on stuff. Everything being so cheap there makes me kinda sketchy on whether or not its quality .I mostly buy little stuff there.

Does anyone use the sockets, floor jacks, air tools, etc. basically give me a short review. thanks.

I personally would not buy anything along the lines of a jack or jackstand from Harbor Freight. I have had some of their air tools I needed for a small project, some work well, some break within fifteen minutes.

i did buy jack stands but i haven’t used them yet , im a bit timid. and its kinda messed up because the jack stands i was using were craftsmen but they were all bent , like they had been ran over by a mac truck

mactools truck?

There are certain things that are good from HF . I wouldn’t worry about the jacks or jackstands . No Different than what Sams Club used to sell or Bying at a swap meet. My lat jack from Sams lasted a long time and I am still using my stands. You just got to look at what you are buying .

it is hit or miss. i have bought some air tools that broke first time i used them. i like the grinders there. the cheap 20 dollar ones. they last about a year or so. but i use it on a daily basis and gets beat up pretty bad.

the way i look at it is if it worked one time and breaks you got your money’s worth lol

What he said couldn’t describe it more .

i bought a 40 dollar 1/2 impact for a second one and its been great and have only had it not take off about 8 bolts out of 500ish the 8 were on a 72 buick that had been sitting for 20 years

LOL my cheap ass HARBOR FREIGHT grinder lasted 5 years it hammered best 20 bux ever

Just bought one of these…

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91039

$59 with a coupon out of PHR…

Nice and light to take to the track!!

I like it so far…

I own both their steel framed jack, and the huge jack stands. Never a problem with either. THe jack does drop a little quick if you are not careful, but past that no problems. I have some of their wrenchs and sockets that stay inthe junkyard tool bag, never a probelm there either, but then they are not used everyday either. Air tools seem like they might be a little iffy. Some last forever and some last 5 minutes. Their electrical tools such as meters and what not suck.

I have their jack stands but every jack I looked at there seemed flimsy so I didn’t get one. The rest of my tools from there have lasted just fine so long as you look at what you are getting beforehand. If it looks and feels too cheap, don’t buy it.

I got a 12v battery drill there for $12 and a spare battery for $4, it lasted 6 years so I just picked up another 18v one to replace the 12v unit since it finally died.

i’ve gotten some stuff from harbor freight, and typically i’m all snap on, but some of their stuff isn’t bad. The long wrench set by pittsburgh tool is decent and it’s guaranteed, the 20 grinder works good, and even the touch up non hvlp 4 0z gravity paint gun for 10 bucks works great, we painted danteisme’s bike with it turned out great. Pretty much if it looks like it’s gona break in ten minutes don’t buy it.

I like their variable speed sawzall they sell. I got it for $20 with a coupon. I use it for everything and it works just as good as my dads Milwaquee one, granted it’s not 15 years old like my dads but…

i was thinking about getting that any one else have one it will only be used to swap out winter and summer wheels on my si

we use to have that jack on all of our AAA trucks. the jack saw about 8-10 flats a day on our service trucks and 2-3 uses a day on the flatbeds. and they would last about 5-6 months then we would get a new one. awesome jack.

now the only reason they lasted such a short time was because we changed tires on f250’s on hills that were a 10% grade. not recommended. on flat uses and lighter duty i would buy the jack all day long. they are light and extremely durrable as long as you dont set the jack up sideways to how the car will roll.

I have it and it works great… if you can really get it for $60 get it… i think i paid over 100 for it only a few months back.

yeah that Jack is a deal for 59.99 with that coupon, i’ll be picking one up tomorrow. Probably buy a rotary tool kit for 6.99 as well. its 80 pieces.

I buy the sawzalls 2 at a time when they hit $15 with coupon. I’m rough on them though so if they can last 6 months with me, they’d last a lifetime with nearly anyone else.

Many people dismiss HF tools but their Pittsburgh line is guarunteed for life and they’ve never given me any hassle about replacement on a single item ever. Also, some of their junk knockoff tools are decent too, as long as you accept that they are cheap tools. I bought a set of the flex head stubby ratchets and I use a pipe on them for breaking bolts loose. They still ended up lasting for a few years so I got another set.

that jack looks just like the snap on one i have that i paid 3x times more for and its junk bolts allways fall out always leaks and its a year old