Harbor Frieght sidewalk sale

march 7-9. Lots on sale. good time to stock up on tools for the spring projects. That’s all. Figured I should share the love

harbor freight is like the dollar general of tools

Is this at all locations?

yup… good for those tools that you only need to use once and u dont want to spend a million $$ on it.

Did you ever notice how much you “need” tools when they’re so inexpensive? You know, just in case you might use them sometime in your life. :slight_smile:

I bought some stuff at one of those tent sales, and I’ve used those $1.00 plastic handled mini picks/hooks a surprising number of times. And the security screw bits from H.F. probably saved me hundreds instead of calling a plumber to fix the water heater. They weren’t exactly made to tight tolerances but they served their purpose.

Hummm i need a cheap floor jack here to change my wheels back and forth for the track… wonder if they will have any on sale.

buy a set of jack stands too… who knows how long that jack will hold!

Thats reminds me … I need a set of jackstands! … Thanks Mark!

Perfect timing as I was going to stop by there this friday anyway to pick up some car ramps and/or a set or two of jackstands. Perhaps I’ll have to add to the list.

Any one know if there jackstands are half decent?

I’ve got a set of them. They’re nothing fancy, but they get the job done.

Thanks … What set do you have? (ton)

I got two sets of them, never dropped a car on me yet. I think I have the 15 ton set, they are pretty beffy. I also have the hydrulic floor jack the 2.5 ton one, I think it was $89.00 Works great. Although it does leak off a little after a few hours.

I was just on the website, and the biggest I can find is 12 ton … Im guessing that is what I should go with for my truck. $69.99 for a set … so like $140 for a complete set (4) … Is this a good deal?

yep thats the set I have, althought I thought I only paid $39.99 on sale, and the last set I got was black instead of orange.

I should probally stay away from anything less than 12 ton being its a big truck? …

How big?

I mean if you talking a 1 ton pick-up, sitting on four stands, each stand is only holhing 1600-1800 pounds. Still under a ton per stand. But I would go bigger…

3/4 Ton …

Mine’re the 12 ton.

My Dad bought their low-profile aluminum jack. It works pretty smooth and has nice lift/pump ratio. It was less than $80 on sale and doesn’t leak one bit (yet). I never leave pressure on it though, always let it down onto the jackstands.