Hard start, vw gti vr6 (LANGAN JUSTIN pm me please)

so yesterday and today i noticed that when i go to start the car it barely starts and sounds like its not fireing on all 6 cyclinders. then it will slowly pick up and correct itself. i had replaced the battery already so i dont think its that. im thinking either has something to do with the car getting fuel or something else.

anyone have any imputs?

ps: it did it this morning and instead of letting it correct itself i shut it off. when i went to start it again it took a few seconds for it to start. then it seemed ok.

fuel pump?
sensors?

what?

id look at smaller simpler stuff like, plugs, or ignition wire connections, maybe something is loose? my eclipse had problems like that and i found a rusted connector on the coil pack. idk what the vr6 ignition is set up like(i never dealt with one), but take a look there, maybe something is just gummed up?

i just replaced all the plugs and everything looked good. i dont think its that but i will look.

What year is your car? I know some of the 95-96 model GTI’s came off the line with bad check valves in the fuel pumps.

PM’d you.

Coil packs?

this is what im being told.

dont want to sound like a newb but…in my 2000 golf, the coil paks were the spark plug wires, where are they in this one? because i have spark plug wires. im assuming the other end of the wires right?

When my coil packs were going bad, that’s not how it acted at all, but who knows not saying that can’t be the problem…

from what i can find on google, theres a box and it has wires comin out of it. same as on my mitsu. that piece might be the problem. looks like this, i think.
http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/344/529/66/1135854451095_jettaGolfCOILVR6.JPG
Pete would know this better than me, but I think thats the right bit.

yea thats what i found too.

I think the 1.8t’s have a different coil set up then the vr6’s. Brett would know the best.Search vortex real quick

one of the plugs on mine had a rusted metal connector. take a look into one of those tubes with like a flash light, maybe theres some oxidation or something in there, check out your plug wires. it would suck if u went out and started to buy all these new expensive parts jut to find out you had to replace one cheap wire.

yes they are different

my 1.8t had coil on plug, this has a coil pack that the spark plug wires connect to.

Did you pull any of the plugs to see what they looked like?

oooh! i just remembered, are you a member on Ca-va? theres a bunch of dubbers on there that could help you sort this out.

i replaced them in like september but i havnt pulled them since then. i dont think there is a need to. the car runs fine, but the pack would make sense if it were going to act the way it is. i will look at the connections in about 20 mins. let me finish my meal damn it!

im not part of cava. went to waterfest a few times with them but thats it.

Shouldn’t you be working?

i am, im working on figuring out whats wrong with my car. :slight_smile: