Hardwood floor refinishing

The one with Aluminum Oxide requires 4 coats and covers 400-500 sq. ft. Lowe’s has it for $46 a gallon. The PolyWhey requires 3 coats and covers 500-600 sq. ft. but doesn’t have the Aluminum Oxide and is more expensive per gallon ($74 a gallon plus shipping since I don’t think I will find it around here). I need to measure the rooms that need refinished. Allegheny county tax assessment site says our house is 1500 sq ft, but I don’t trust that to be accurate.

I read about Gymseal, but where did you find it? It seemed to me that no where has it anymore.

I know what you mean about the drum sander. There is another brand of sander that is easier to use, works faster and collects most of the dust. Lowe’s rents it. Here’s a link

I hate carpet. We have it now and I absolutely despise it. I have bad allergies and removing the carpet should help since I’m allergic to dust mites plus three dogs+carpet=:puke: Not to mention, Dom and I are clumsy and spill stuff so the carpet gets stained.

You can just buff the floors and recoat with polyurethane or another finish.

I’m still looking for a recommendation for a good company to get an estimate. I would like to see what it would cost before we decide to do it ourselves.