Has Anyone Demagnatized A Television?

Anyways i got a television that has to be demagnatized has anyone done it or know where to get it done?
the tow side are magnatized with the green/purple color.

i have heard try to degaussing or bulk eraser from radio shack has anyone trie taht?

There should be a deguassing button or sequence.

Usually most televisions usually don’t have that option that I’ve seen. They technically are supposed to do it on power-up, but depending on the severity/cheapness of the TV it may not do the job.

That said a hand degaussing coil should do the trick (The large circular ones). I’ve never tried it with a bulk eraser though, I can’t see that working as well or easily.

ive had mine done its was like 40 bucks, cheaper than buying one for me at the time.

If it’s just a cheap TV for the garage or some such stuff, go grab a hand drill and wave it in front of the TV while it’s spinning. You’ll be able to move around the spots and at least minimize them. I defucked a TV that my old roommate fucked with a neo-dymium magnet out of an old 5.25 hard drive that way well enough to use in my basement holy fuck this is a run on sentence.

Where did you get it done?

i called my tv support line and they sent someone out, but any tv repair shop can do it.

this was while ago also.

if anyone know of a in home service place i can call let me konw lol…i’m gonna look throught the phone book right now.

I don’t know if you are talking about the same thing, but I’ve had that green stuff on the side of my tv, cuz my speakers got too close to it. All I did was unplug it for like an hour (after moving the speakers further away) and after plugging it back in, the picture was back to normal.

Also, I dont have an HDtv.

It works.

When I worked at fortuna, we used to use a demagnetizing coil on the TV’s that came in with magnetic burn on the screens.

Sometimes it would work, sometimes not.

The circuit city returns we used to get would be tv’s boxed right next to car subwoofers, that would usually fuck the CRT.

what size tv?

amherst best buy should still have a demag ring for it…