Have you ever called an Hispanic American "porkchop"?

Apparently you’re not supposed to.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314901,00.html

Two days after naming its mascot “PorkChop,” the Philadelphia Phillies’ new Triple-A affiliate abruptly dropped the moniker after receiving complaints from Hispanics that it was offensive.

I’ve never heard this before. What does it mean?

yeah, ive never heard that. maybe im naive.

lol

as best I can tell it’s a couple generations old slang for Puerto Rican?

I never have in the past, but if I ever meet Guillermo Lopez, or anyone from his Latino Alliance, I’ll be sure to call them that now.

We were really unaware of any negative connotations with the word ‘pork chop,"’ he said. “If it offended a few, it’s a few too many.”

Fuck you. A few will be offended by everything. You probably pissed off far more people by caving to such a stupid request than you would have just telling Guillermo to go suck a porkchop.

never heard that either. I’m gonna call my buddy Jose porkchop and see what kind of reaction I get

but how did Doug get away with it?

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any hurt feelings, violence, or death.

Disclaimer Disclaimer: But I would like to know the outcome.

I hate being offended. Let’s boycott Ritz and their racist snacks.

:shrug:

thats what i call my fat baby girl caitlin

This is funny. I have never heard of this. Ever. The morons just taught the ENTIRE Country to start calling Hispanics Porkchop. LOL… Good job you retards. Way to make progress. ROFL

one of my friends’ nickname is porkchop lol…and he’s a fat white dude

spicks? I like that.

MMMMMmmmmmmmmm pork chops…

http://static.flickr.com/29/44571157_71a9ad10f5_o.jpg

[quote=“Joe,post:7,topic:39722"”]

but how did Doug get away with it?

[/quote]

lmfao…

LOL the urban dictionary entry…

a slang term for the male ejaculate used more commonly now that we have found out that there is the same amount of protein in an 8oz pork chop as there is in the average volume of male skeet.

Just call the mascot a WetBack and ask if that’s more acceptable…

Sorry porkchop we the gringos have offended the hispanics and we must go over the border to give them a list of your potential new names.

WTF

[quote=“RobHimself,post:17,topic:39722"”]

LOL the urban dictionary entry…

a slang term for the male ejaculate used more commonly now that we have found out that there is the same amount of protein in an 8oz pork chop as there is in the average volume of male skeet.

[/quote]

lol we have an ongoing racial slur war at one of the stores, this will be used tomorrow(all in good fun, the one store we have 8 people working there not one from the same discent)

LOL I smell a lawsuit in the works.

Sweet, learn new racial slurs every day.