Headlight conversions?

Just wanted to know if there were any other conversions out there besides doing the Silvia, and S15 strawberry face for an S13.

I really like the units that replace the pop-ups. I know East Bear made a kit, anyone else? What about the kits that use a pod and foglamp lenses?

Also saw an S13 online with a 300zx conversion done, and it looked really different. There’s wasn’t any info other than it was a 300zx headlight. Anyone done, or heard of this?

POSTED THIS IN TECHNICAL SECTION AS WELL, BUT WASN’T SURE WHICH AREA IT APPLIED TO.

I’ve been looking at headlight conversions ever since I got the car. I just don’t like how the east bear looks, but there was one person that posted a pic of their car in this forum, and it had a very nice conversion. I believe he’s a NEO member. I haven’t been able to track down the pic and his username again, and freshalloy and zilvia don’t seem to have anything of worth on the topic as well as google. I decided to mothball the idea for now, and do a custom headlight conversion myself when I have the money. I really have no clue how to go about it though, fiberglassing it was the only thing I could think of, and then using projectors, ballasts and bulbs off an E46 BMW. I still don’t know how to cover it up though… or make the inside look nice and OEM-ish. I don’t want it to be an obvious conversion, so I wanted to have the inside all chrome just like stock headlights are, and I don’t know how to go about that. And then there’s the issue of covering it up. Plexiglass came to mind, but I really haven’t thought it out, and I’m not sure if it can be done with plexiglass. Also, I think it’s required for it to curve slightly, as I don’t think a perfectly straight piece of plexi will look okay.
I’ve never seen a 240 with the “perfect” conversion, but I have seen it on an FD and it was gorgeous.

do an integra conversion like TOMMY :smiley:

Who’s Tommy? Integra conversion, ew.

You know that guy, I guess his name is Tommy. I saw a fastback in the summer with integra front end.
That is the most retarded thing I have even seen.

Andrew.

i have a set of 300zx headlight if u want to do it, ill sell em to ya cheap cheap cheap

Are they nice and clean? Good glass? How much?

anyone have any pics of a 240 with the 300zx headlight conversion… I would love to see them.

plz and thankyou :slight_smile:

I found a pic of the RX-7, but it doesn’t look as nice as the one I saw in person. Could just be the fact that the RX-7 I saw looked way nicer overall, or they may actually look better in person.
Here they are:
http://turbomagazine.com/features/0205tur_codered16_zoom.jpg
http://turbomagazine.com/features/0205tur_codered15_zoom.jpg

That’s great, except it has absolutely nothing to do with this post. We all know what the lights looks like. Trying to find alternatives to spending $1200+ US on lights.

Mainly interested in info on the 300zx conversion. Looks great, but haven’t seen any info.

i saw a pic of what your talking about, a s13 with 300zx lights. my opinion i dont really like it cause it looks like u just changed the popup light and added a light that fits into the pop up.

i was talkin to cp racing and they are in the works of making a new conversion to the s13 lights, im not sure how far along they are yet

Farmer

Yeah I’ve seen the carbon pods they have (similar to East Bear) but yeah as of yet no-one has a glass/lexan cover yet.

That’s what I like about the 300zx, it looks like it just pops in there and basically serves the same purpose as these pricey kits. Not sure if you have to cut up the hood or not to make them fit.

its ugly.