Heavenly Sword - Ninja Gaiden Fans will like it

So I just downloaded a demo for Heavenly Sword for PS3. I didn’t think much of this game when I first heard about it and I couldn’t understand why people were making a big stink about it. I see now what the fuss was about.

It’s kind of a combo of Ninja Gaiden and God of War. There are some crazy moves you can do in the game and it’s pretty much a controller destroyer.

I have played through the demo about 4 times already and I keep finding new moves. The controls are pretty cool. You have 2 different attack buttons and a super move/counter button. The 4th button on the face of the controller lets you pick up stuff and throw it…swords, shields, barrels, people, whatever you want to throw you can. There also seems to be some kind of guidance when you hold the throw button so you can direct a sword to go right at a guy from a behind the back view of the sword.

So you have the 2 attacks and the counter button. Doing different combos of attack 1 and attack 2 give different results. 1, 1, 1, 2 does a series of strikes. 1, 2, 1, 2 does something else. You can add the counter button in when a guy is attacking and you will grab his leg, arm, head, etc. and proceed to break, slice, or in some way harm the offender.

You can also use the shoulder buttons along with the attack 1 and attack 2 to get different results. Holding L1 turns your 1 and 2 moves into swords at the end of long chains. One part of the demo had me on a pedestal fighting 10 guys. I grabbed one with the chain, swung him and cleared the whole pedestal. Holding R1 along with the 1 and 2 attacks gives power moves. Basically like the regular 1 and 2 attacks but stronger.

So far that has been all I can tell about the game. It seems really fun based on the short demo and I think this might be a buy for me. Lots of dudes to dismantle in all sorts of horrendous ways.

Anything having to do with Ninja Gaiden is a winner to me. :tup:

Sounds sweet, is this only on PS3?

I also downloaded it, even with all the hype, it really speaks for itself. My only beef is that it is too short, but they could give me half the game and I would say the same thing. A definite buy

Ya, it is only for PS3

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/191/928391_20070711_screen003.jpg

Heres a pic

I like it, but the inability to change the camera with the right analog kind of ruins it for me. I don’t like pre-set camera angles. You can change it a little with the triggers though. It’s pretty good but I don’t know if I’ll get the game.