Devil May Cry 4 - PS3 Review

I’ve been waiting for so long for this game to come out. I have only played DMC 3 for PS2 but liked what I saw from it. Anyway, DMC 4 relatively speaking picks up where 3 left off. There is a new character named Nero whom you play instead of Dante (previous 3 game’s main character). The graphics are amazing, smooth and flawless. This is my first PS3 game but I really like what I see. I chose to go with DMC 4 on the PS3 since the entire series was on the PS2 and so on and I was used to the button layout already. So, back to the game; the POV is 3rd person just above and behind Nero. You have a double-barrel revolver for your ranged weapon which is dubbed “Blue Rose” and a single-edge sword called the Red Queen as your melee weapon. The X-factor (which is new in this game) is Nero’s Devil Bringer arm which he uses to grab and smash enemies in the air or on the ground. Each weapon (arm, sword and gun) have combos and moves but you have to unlock them with spirit energy that you gain after each mission. Combos can be done on the ground, in the air and so on. There is also a charge feature with your sword where you have to keep pushing the trigger until the bar is full. This gives your sword swings more juice and power. They can also be used in the combos as well.

This appears to be the best of the series from what I have read but time will tell. So far so good. This game is similar to God of War to give you a frame of reference.

I am reserving judgement on the game itself but the graphics and sound I give this game a 9.3/10 and 9.2/10.

IGN Video Review - http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748464/vids_1.html

got it for the 360

we will see how good it is, need to burn

^same.

:slight_smile:

Played the demo tonight…seems pretty sweet. The graphics are amazing.

The one interesting thing is the game loads on the PS3 HD. The knock on the 360 version is there is quite a bit more load time because it does not install anywhere.

^ - they did that with heavenly sword as well, it worked very well

i have only played the demo but that battle with bair?(that fire demon) was ridiculously detailed, and the dualshock3 helped with the magnitude of that battle quite well.

awesome…I was thinking about picking this up for the 360…once I beat assassins…and maybe mass effect…i have too many games to play stillllll

Did you import the dualshock3 from Japan or something?

devil may cry 3 was so badass… can’t wait for this to come out for the 360.

played the demo over and over even though there was not much to it

it is out…(as far as I know)

Came out yesterday.

wat.

i thought it was not out.

fucking cya later !

hahaha and chino is gone for 3 days…

I am about halfway though the game, it’s fucking great! It’s not as hard as DMC3 but it’s close.

Rubicant are you playin on devil hunter, or human… im playing devil hunter… i found it a bit challengeing… then agian i havnet played DMC since the 3rd lol. i have for the 360. I love it. good thing i have off from work tomo. :slight_smile:

Devil Hunter. Although I have been following with Human after just to get more souls and ability energy. Best part is, you can remove all your skills and get the energy back to redistribute it for each boss/board. Great feature.

Ya i like that feature… i havent used it yet tho lol :stuck_out_tongue:

well, despite me wanting to not be at work now, i put down the 360 controller long enough to make myself a monte cristo, eat it, go to sleep and drag my ass in :frowning:

game is pretty fun, I really like the devil hand, it leads to some siqqqqqqq combos

i actually thought that was kinda lame - makes it too easy to have the specific attack needed for a boss :confused:

There is no attack that is a sure killer for each boss. The She-Viper I removed one of my attacks (the one that slashed down when in air) so I could stay hovered and smash her face with the Red Queen. I wish the souls would allow you to upgrade your skills like in DMC3. It’s gonna take hella-long to max out some of these skills.

i bought one off play-asia the day they came out in Japan, it was only about $10 more than a normal controller, even after shipping + their markup. google coupons helped with that.

I would buy DMC4 now but i am also still on mass effect, so this one will have to wait.