Help me figure this one out - (Towing Question)

So JDMjunkie wants the wheels off my beater Accord, but I’m at a loss as to how we can pull this off…

Background story HERE

If I pop off all 4 wheels, can I still get the car towed? Will they just drag it up onto a flatbed if the car is laying flat on the ground? The driveway isn’t perfectly smooth and good for dragging, lol.

JDMjunkie only has the wheels that are currently on his car and we’re not going to swap his onto the Accord just so it will be easier to move. Besides the fact he couldn’t just swap them since one of the Accord’s tires is blown from heat.

I only have 1 spare.

I’ve got to get the POS out of here… but if it doesn’t have wheels is that going to be a problem? lol

[quote=“Onyx Z32"”]

If I pop off all 4 wheels, can I still get the car towed? Will they just drag it up onto a flatbed if the car is laying flat on the ground? The driveway isn’t perfectly smooth and good for dragging, lol.

[/quote]

I had a 85 Buick riv…had it junked, they picked it up from my job and it had 1 rim on it thats all. They dragged it onto a flatbed.

Your drive way will get fucked up

hmm what if we put it in the street then take the rims off?

A couple peices of plywwod under the where the wheels were ought to fix that problem

a skilled tow truck driver can pluck a car off 4 jack stands.

thats how my moms old wagon left the driveway
thats how my lebaron left the driveway

they:
-get the edge of the ramp under the front of the car
-hook the cable and take up the slack
-raise the front of the car
-pull the front stands
-slide the bed straight under the car till its at the rear stands
-reel in the cable so the car doesnt rock off the rear stands
-drop the front of the bed, lifting the car off the rear stands
-use the cable to pull the car all the way on

it doesnt take much more time then if the car actualy rolls, but not every driver is good enough to do it w/o dropping the car

Anyone know where I should have it towed / junked? What do I do with the title to the car? I’m going to read the DMV website right now…

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:3,topic:25040"”]

Your drive way will get fucked up

[/quote]

I don’t really care if it screws up the driveway, I just want it outa here. I was more concerned with it getting snagged on the concrete and not being able to be moved.

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:4,topic:25040"”]

hmm what if we put it in the street then take the rims off?

[/quote]

Can’t do that - it’s not registered anymore. Plates are returned.

if u junk a car, they take the title. they have to report that to the state.

EDIT: some junkyards give u a really hard time if u dont have it

I’ve got the title, it won’t be a problem :tup:

put it in the back yard and make a garden out of it like that Thunderbird on River Rd.

:word: hahaha

or have them tow it with the wheels on and then take the wheels off when they drop it off at the yard.