Help me find a good CNC / WaterJet / Machine Shop!

Why would you care where they are? Unless it is large? I regularly use machine shops from around the country, I fail to see the advantage of trying to find something local if you have a perfectly qualified shop already from past experience.

A shop taking more than 2-3 days to quote a single part doesn’t deserve your business, and you probably don’t want to be dealing with them.

If you think about machining the parts, I’ve been using M1 since I graduated (amongst plenty of others) www.m1toolworks.com Progress is also great http://www.progressinc.com

werd, it is

My father owns a large shop in Amherst, does work for Moog mainly. PM me the details of what you need done and I can talk to him about it.

i helped organize a run of phenolic spacers for tiburons… we had to have them water jetted, as the material came in sheets already the thickness we wanted, so they just did them on a water jet, came out fine, but there was only a run of about 25-30

i have some large items that ill eventually be doing, so it would be very much to my advantage if i could do stuff locally.

but im getting close to having a 4th local shop flake out of me … and its not even like they have to do any extra work, the parts i want laser / plasma waterjet cut would fit in the “scrap” section of most larger jobs. i dont even mant the items deburred, at most just knock the large slag off with a scraper … ugh

i hate to do it but im going to have to go back to getting quotes done on MFG.com. The MFG employees are just so fucking annoying …

Who ended up cutting them ?

anyone know of any good laser / waterjet shops ?

may laser shop has spent 9+ weeks on the “quote” stage of things, yet for some reason called yesterday for a PO number for the job

my waterjet shop cant return calls to save their life, despite being highly recommended

I have access to some pretty damn nice equipment and guys that pull jobs for me on the side. Depending on the part it can get done fairly quickly. I’d need to see the drawings before I could recommend anything…this goes for anyone posting in this thread who isn’t a d-bag.