Help me pick wheels for my 69 Camaro

FTW everyone has TT2’s on their muscle cars be different and get these…

torq thrust… keep with the old school feel and look… number one choice

nice rims

WHEELS AND TIRES
Intro Pentia
Dunlop SP9000
front:255X40X18 Rear 295X40X20

holy heavy and overdone

i dunno… i mean they do look okay… but EVERYONE on earth has them. and i’m typically not one to hate things solely on the premise that others have/ do the same thing, but in this case - EVERYONE has them :slight_smile:

ftw

I liked torq thrusts a few years ago but they are just beaten to death

The ones on the silver camaro are where its at, and so are the ones way2slow just posted. Clean, well defined 5 stars are the only way to go

my father has these on his vette.

and i love them. they will never get old.

http://www.v8americancarclub.com/images2/cragar%20ss.jpg

he had to have them machined differently cause he wanted a funky offset, and they weren’t clearing the calipers. :gotme:

but they loooooook so nice.

Agrizzeed

I think fikses and HREs look kinda out of place on a old muscle car unless it is really custom. Besides that fact your going to be looking at 4-5K for a decent set. Do you have that kinda budget to spend on just wheels?

I think the torque thrusts look more period correct, and give the car a more clean appearance. They look good on that red car you posted, right size and everything. They fill the wheel well and I cant imagine they are that expensive either.

I would also look into some other options

Yea, I have been looking at the prices of Fiske and HRE, big $$$$
I don’t have big $$$
I was budgeting around $2000 for wheels and tires, which still gives me a lot of options.

Joe…get these…get these NOW!!!

:word:

The torque thrusts, but get them all polished. Not dark in the center IMHO.

Edit: LIKE THIS V

http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0311sc_03z+1969_chevrolet_camaro_convertible+left_front_view.jpg

Those look like Fiske wheels. I’d definatley go with them.

They are Fiske wheels. But big $$$$$
Any ideas on where to get them? I basically was checking their web site for them so of course they will be big $$$, but they look hot!

If I found them at a comparable price to Torq Thrusts, I think I would buy them.

Why is this even a question?

TT2’s are overplayed and not that nice looking.

Dont buy HRE’s, the finish SUCKS, the wheels are weak and any abuse to them will likely crack/shatter them. The wheels on the mule (the grey camaro you posted) look great. If you’re budgeting $2000 for a GOOD set of wheels and dont want to spend the $3000-$4000 required for Kinesis/Fikse, I would check out CCW. I’ve dealt with John before and not only are his wheels strong/light, the prices are great for that type of wheel.

www.ccwheel.com

His 505a’s are basically a ripoff design of the HRE’s you posted if you were swaying that route. However, with a better finish, lighter, and a much stronger wheel… Oh yeah, did I mention cheaper?

i kinda like these…within your price range too…
sort of like a “flat” torque thrust… Here

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/286516.jpg

I mentioned these on the first page, but no one saw it, before there was Torq thrusts there were CRAGAR SS’s. go to a old muscle car show, look at the wheels, these are everywhere. Back in the day everyone had these.

HRE 547s look soooooo amazing, but they’re too damn expensive, at least for my taste. Torq Thrusts/Cragers are waaaay overplayed on muscle cars. Those Fiske’s look hot too.