HELP! need to order turbo for audi today, where to buy, what to buy...

So I need to order a turbo soon (like within hours) for the Audi.

I cant seem to find a decent used one, so Im just going to buy new.

Impex has the K03 for 750, GAP is 790 plus tax since they are in NY.

What year/model would a KO3sport be from? Any of the 2000+ Audi/Passat with the ATW or AWM engine codes? Or am I missing something. If it is these codes I can get the K03sport from GAP for like 824 plus ship.

Id love to go K04 but I just dont have the extra G to spend on this today and I need the car back on the road this weekend.

Thoughts!?

Dan

If you’re looking at $790 as an acceptable price…

ecstuning.com

I can’t access the site right now b/c i’m at school, but I think the k03 is a bit cheaper and the k04 with hardware is around 900.

well, its not acceptable but more necessary I guess.

Hmm, can I run the K04 without software for now?

Sorry Im such a newb at all this, sorta been tossed into it.

Dan

Just got your PM also, but I’ll post this here.

I can’t do any better on an early turbo than you’re doing, and a later (AWM) equipment turbo is going to be over 1k new.

FWIW, have you tried calling Jack at J & J to see what they have?

Also, I’d recommend replacing the oil supply line, P/N 058 145 778, and make sure it has an updated heat shield between the turbo and head.

yes you can run the k04 on stock software, but it wont really shine until program and FPR are up to par.
But then you’re ready for the future… :wink:

So to confirm the AWM turbo is the K03 Sport, correct?

I may just go stock and be done with it. Hell, itll be running 2x the boost it ever ran since we owned it since the damn WG isnt flapping around.

Dan

I think 01audiS4 has some k03s laying around when he did the k04 swap. Not sure if the ones off an S4 are the same though, but he’ll probably sell them cheap

Thats what I said in my IM. For a DD, which mine is and what I think your doing with yours, stock is fine, why add more variables? If you want you can always chip it, which I still haven’t done.

^ yep. I think I will just do that, get it fast, and back on the road and be happy its moving.

I can spend the difference on parts for her 16v cabriolet project.

dan

Negatory

Ok, I said F it and just ordered the stock turbo from Impex. They had ONE instock. It will be here tomorrow.

Now to order the little shit from GAP I guess since I already have an order started with them for some other stuff I needed.

Dan

Psh. Should have spent the extra $150 and got the k04. :wink:

^ maybee, but F it. We have enough project cars around here that dont move I need to work on. Be nice to keep at least one stock… :shrug:

Why??? Then he’s going to have to spend extra $ on fueling, extra $ on a chip to take advantage of the upgraded turbo, extra $ for the FPR. Stock for a DD is the way to go

should have at least got a k03s from a 2001…

^ya well… saving my 175 bux I guess.

Dan

Exactly. I drove an 01.5 ko3s and it felt NO different

I assumed when he said “for now”, he had plans for the future.
And the fact of the matter is that a k04 on a stock tune will show some gains, at the very least in spool up time and range. Since it’s a direct bolt-on-and-go replacement, runs perfectly reliable on stock tune without sacrificing any DD ability, isn’t really that much more expensive than a brand new k03, and with assuming he was considering future upgrades, the k04 seemed like a much more logical decision at the time.
But he wanted to save $175, so that’s fine. It was just a suggestion.
:slight_smile:

I can’t believe you just spent that money on another stock K03.

Rent a car, borrow one, or something, but why go through all this trouble and get another K03?

1. its my wife’s daily
  2. sure its not alot more money now, but then Id be more likely to want to upgrade s/w, exhaust, blah blah , which equates to more money, and more headaches probably
  3. car has 145k on it
  4. its my wife’s daily
  5. I just want it back together now so I can get back to working on other stuff
  6. I need at least one car thats stock, or close to it.

Dan