Help.. Need to tie down my bike

Well im sure some of you know but im moving to florida tommorw and I need to take my CBR600. I just picked up my budget rental truck tonight but there are no floor tie downs like guy said there would be. I have a large Snap on tool box agains the bulk-head of the truck so that wall is out. How am I going to go about tieing my bike down and to what? should I drill holes in the floor and run hooks threw it? The problem with that is it seems that the floor is kinda thin to do something like that. Also what is the best part of the bike to tie to? Any help would be awesome…

there isnt 4 hooks in the top corners of the bed side ?

put 2 hooks in a 2x4 and tie to that. chock the wheels and should be fine

It has to be on the floor so that i can pull the suspension down to keep the bike in place.

Yeah I guess thats what im going to half to do…

thats how most of my friends tie there shit down is wit the hooks on the inside upper corners :dunno:

budget rental box truck

I have no idea what your talking about? you lost me

he dont know what hes talking about. disregard his post.

The place I work for has a leased Ryder rental box truck. Anytime we move anything we just nail 2X4s to the floor. I would say nail down some long 2X4s, run the bike’s front tire against one, then nail another down behind the back tire. This will serve the purpose of wheel chocks, then attach some eye hooks to the 2X4s to secure your straps to…

:doh:

my bad, i was think pick up truck :embarass:

:slap: :finger:

As for the tie points on the bike, use the handle bars and the rear foot pegs. You should use a ratchet strap on the front and you can get away with cam buckles on the back.

As for no plac eto attach them to in the truck itsself, I don’t know what to tell you.

Yeah I think thats what im going to do. Think I will get charged for haveing some screw holes in the floor when im done?

they won’t notice them, just play dumb is they do…

Use something like 2 inch drywall screws, and remove them BEFORE you sweep the truck out, before returning it and they will never notice.

BTW,

Good luck with the move, hope everything works out great for ya…

Hahaha thanks for the help everyone…

why does this thread even exist?

because a memebre needed help,asked for & got it!!:asshole

his ur head frooooooze up there of something?!!!

:rofl: