How to tiedown my bike for the trip....

How should I go about tieing down my gsxr in my Denali for the road trip down. Dont get me wrong I have tied down dirtbikes, etc… before but never a street bike. At the motorcycle show in monroeville they were selling front wheel chucks for hauling bikes in trucks but I didnt buy one :doh: should I just compress the front forks and use a tiedown and do the same for the rear? hook up the rear using the swingarm? Whats the best possible way to tie a street bike down? I DO NOT want any accidents. I do have a metal ramp that we can use to get the bike in the truck and out but we need some mounting ideas.

I would think that would work :dunno: Pretty much the same way as a dirt bike.

(yes I understand we are talking about a greater weight difference)

I’ve done it just like a dirt bike too.

yeah I thought that should work fine, its just that this bike is double the price of a dirtbike and if a dirtbike falls its no biggie, if a street bike falls… well… its not as cheap!

packing peanuts :dunno:

lmfao

Maybe chock the wheels sideways so they don’t slide out if you have to make a quick turn.

this is how i do mine. get two rachet straps. wrap them around the clip ons. hook them on the bed loops. tighten them down to you compress the front forks. all you need to do. youll know its right when you shake your biek and the whole bed moves as one. you can fit it in the bed with the gate up. atleast im able to. you dont need the sidestand down but you can leave it down if you wnat. make sure bike is centered in the bed. ive hauled bikes for miles over and over again never had one problme

go to lowes or home depot and get some wood and deck screws make a frame work in the bottom of your bed(don’t screw anything to your bed :doh: ) leave a gap dead center of the bed wide enough for the tires(wiht a 2X6 on each side against the tires) Pull the bike in this will help keep the bike from shifting. Use 4 ratchet straps, 2 in front one on each side of the triple tree. Tighten down so you compress the suspension as much as possible(It helps if someone leans on it for you). Do the same to the rear but hook to the rear subframe under the plastic. Leave it in gear. I did somthing like this for mine, but I had a trailer so I used L brackets and screwed the 2x6 to the deck. Works great and the bike isn’t going anywhere :bigok:

As long as you put the racher staps 2 up front and 2 in back and get them as tight as you can the bike won’t go any where. Unless you are Jumping the truck with the bike in back you should be just fine. The frame work in the bed is a good fail safe but really not needed. I have hulled bikes back and forth to Indiana state and out to Philly this way and had no problems.

Good Luck!

I hope i get to take it for a spin… :x:

IBIGETTOOWASTED