help with dvd install

i got a filp out dvd player and i installed it last night into my talon(95 esi). it works fine except i cant find out where i should hook up the parking brake wire. im trying to wire it so that the screen can always run, not just when the parking brake is applied. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

ground it, but if you crash into me while watching a movie and driving down the road, I’m gonna be pissed.

you can’t just ground it you need to put it on a switch. You need to be able to reset it. I have one too.

what kind of screen, if it’s a jvc, panasonc, jensen or similiar you can, but if it’s a pioneer you do need to put it on a switch to ground like newman said. If it’s a avic N2 then you’ll have to jump the two pins on the bottom of the unit.

Pionreers u cant switch. they have a gyro built in them for the GPS and thats how it tells if u r moving or not, nnot by a parking brake ground wire. if u do have a pioneer, u can somehow run the video thought that bacup camera input and watch it that way. o yeah, alpines and sonys can be bypassed with a switch as well

There are ways to bypass the gyro and just use a switch, it involves jumping 2 pins on the circuit board

i have the jensen vm9510. i grounded it and it works now, although i am a little dissapointed in overall performance- i have an alpine dva 300 in my eclipse. the jensen is great for the amount i payed(550) but im used to better sound quality and the 2v preouts leave a lot to be desired. luckily this is just my winter car. i think if it holds up, i’ll get one of those phoenix gold in-line things that steps up the pre amp voltage to 8v