Help wiring dvd wire for pioneer dvd/cd player, car audio

So I’m trying to help my buddy out. He is running a pioneer avh-p5900 dvd/cd head unit. We are trying to figure out where to mount the wire for the dvd section to where he can run the dvd player while the car is in motion. not for himself but for passangers on long rides.

the manual says to mount it to the power side of the ebrake. Im wondering where i can mount it to run all the time.

thanks for the help!

Switchable 12 volt like the radio switch power should work

you don’t have to lie on here kevin :stuck_out_tongue:

Or the negative wire. It just needs to be grounded for the dvd player to work while driving.

Well that makes more sense.

you cant just ground and go … you need to run it through a relay using the remote wire

Ive installed a a couple car dvd flipouts(alpine and a ebay one) i wired it up to the negative and it worked fine. I never had a problem doing it that way.

I was doing a read up during my first install cause the whole ebrake thing in the manual was pointless to only work with the parking, e brake engaged, and it read that the wire just needs to be grounded.

did you get it??? use a relay. alot cleaner install and you dont have to flip a switch. Plus you would have to flip that switch each and every time power is cut off to the radio. Pioneer likes to be tricky. If you need a relay and or wiring help. LMK

yeah, relay did not work. i had power to power, ground to ground, remote in, dvd wire out.

ended up throwing a switch in there, which ground on one side dvd on the other, and now its in the glove box so you dont have to look at it. thats the only thing that has worked. i know the relay was ran the right way, and did not work.

You needed to have the remote wire trigger the relay… then it would’ve worked…

i had the remote wire triggering the wires, i did exactly what i was told, honestly did not work. so i went with the switch, either way it works. so it doesnt matter if you have to flip a switch or not. still works.

provide your relay wiring diagram

you know what, i think i realize why it didnt work, i went with what the back of the container for the relay said and not what i probably should have done, i did power wire to 12 volt prong, ground to ground prong, the blue/white remote wire in, green dvd player wire out.

should have been ground to 12v, ground to ground, blue/white remote wire in, green wire out.

my mistake, what ever, again, its working so it doesnt really matter. plus dont feel like going back in and doing this all over again when its just flipping a switch that is in the glove box. takes less than 2 seconds. lol

pins 86 and 87 to ground
pin 30 to parking brake wire
pin 85 to remote

Hrmmm. I’ll have to try this again. My relay is in the dash chillin and I can’t watch DVD’s. I musta wired it wrong, just left it there. Not that I even would watch DVD’s but it would be nice to know it worked.