ATTN: first bass

hey i have a Pioneer in-dash DVD player model #AVH-P6600DVD, and last night when i went to open the screen once it came out it worked for like 5 secs then the screen went blank. I opened and closed it a couple times and the samething, 1 of the times it stayed on for like 10 secs then went blank. but the whole time the radio worked

loose wire?? or is something going bad inside??

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated…

green video wire, is it still connected to ground? Im pretty sure if disconnected it’ll say “Video disabled for saftey” but im not certain, other than that the same thing happened to me with my older pioneer and i had to send it out for repair, twice, they never did tell me what happened to it, but the repair was flat rate 190 bucks, then it gets a 90 day warrenty.

id have to play with it myself a little but check that green wire out, should be grounded

i’ll check that wire…but isn’t that so it plays dvd’s while its in gear

but mine it just goes to a blank black screen like its not on but the buttons all light up and it still works the same just no picture or anything

but if thats not the case i’ll be bringing it to u to play with

foz or Todd may have some other input on this as thewy also do/done a ton of car audio, but I know the green wire controls the screen itself, but i also belive it still works for radio stations and all, so yours may be malfunctioning

It’s hard to say without looking at it but…

I don’t remember the exact radio you’re talking about but… if it’s a two piece unit, than The screen is seperate from the rest of the unit, and could be a bad connection. On the other hand if you can hear the radio, but can’t see anything it could be a connect internally between the screen and the radio. If it’s the brake wire it would have word across the screen. I’ve seen a couple screens get a crack in the ribbon cable between the monitor and radio which could cause an intermittent lose of display.

I’d say bring it down to First Bass and let him play with it, maybe take it apart. I’d prepare youself incase it does need to be sent out for repair. Maybe borrow a radio from a friend, or dig out your factory one so he could throw in for you while you wait for your radio to get serviced

this is the first time this name has been echo’d other than efighting.

ya i believe its something inside cuz yesterday it worked for like 15mins then went out again…i haven’t pulled it out yet tho