Help with this tune, popping bad at 5800 rpm

Already did, voltage stays constant. That actually happened on my very first MS car, so now that is one of the first things I check for when I get a hickup in the tune.

I recall gapping my plugs down to 0.020 or something on 13psi and still had the issue, but it was much improved. Once I changed out the super old stock coil packs for MSD ones (prob new stockers would have worked too) the issue went away. It was nearly identical sounding issue to what you are describing.

Maybee Ill have a few mins to check it out tomorrow pm.

Dan

he means dome… the SRT pistons that he tuned his last neon for have a goofy looking dome but sit down in the hole a little to give lower compression. they create alot of quench so you can run more timing.

the new ones probably have a slight dish so the combustion chamber will be more open and will withstand less timing advance in boost.

dont go throwing money at with with msd coils and other stuff. stock neon ignition is good for 400-500whp no problem. try out your spare coils though.

whats your A/F under these conditions?

try taking some fuel out of those upper kpa cells just to see if it changes anything.

you using the stock neon crank pickup? shielded wire to the MS for the ignition signal? maybe its getting a noisy signal up there. access to a o-scope to see the signal?

try disabling the overboost shutdown to see if there is some glitch that is causing it to kick in.

what version of the code are you using?

i run .028 gap in the kcar. cant run .035. thats too large.

Brian