Tuning Issue

Hello,

I have an AEM F/I controller that I am using to tune my supercharged 2006 Scion tC running 10.5PSI and using 550cc injectors. I had a tune done by Dezod, but there are a couple rough spots I didn’t get the opportunity to work out. The one that really bothers me is that there is some sort of hesitation, or what really seems to act like a rev limiter or fuel cut, at ~5800 RPM’s. My redline is ~6200 and thats where I make the most boost, so this is actually a pretty big deal.

I checked out my data log, and it is not running lean at all at that point, it is actually ~12-12.5. I tried to pull anywhere from -.5 to -2.0 degrees of timing, and that really had minimal effect. I also tried adding a bit of fuel, and of course that didn’t do it for me. I don’t think pulling fuel is going to help this.

I changed the plugs in an attempt to remedy it, but that didnt do much other than make it run a bit smoother (the old plugs were pretty fouled from running VERY rich for a while).

If anyone can help in any way it would be much appreciated.

On a side note, Paul Dezod is an incredible guy to deal with, and his work is definitely top notch. I just didn’t allow enough time to get this perfect, and I am definitely doing business with them in the future.

Thanks everyone,

Will

knocking? some kind of timing pull protection?

I could see that being the case, but I don’t understand it. There really is no reason for the car to freak, the wideband is seeing really safe AFR’s, and it shouldn’t be detonating for any reason (the old plugs didnt show any sign of detonation).

is the AEM FI controller a piggyback?

Yeah, its a piggyback. It is a pretty cool one, and works well for part-throttle, but I can not advance timing with it.

All i can add is that i have NEVER had good luck with piggybacks on OBD2 computers.

Grr. You make me want to cry. In all honesty, everything works pretty well (idle is rouch sometimes, sometimes perfect) except for this issue I am trying to fix right now.

I was reading that a wile ago the boost can blow out the spark on a the plug?

?

:picard: :picard: please no more

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/da/Smoking_Crack.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHZTM2JZaYxoGxxK7NVMGC05J6wwg

im just trying to help you jack ass

Not my issue

There are people with my supercharger running 12pounds and doing alright. I cant really get too much input from them though, because they tend not to post on the Scion forums (full of retards).

hmm…well gl

learn grammar before you type.

Seriously, I am actually looking for some help from someone, anyone, with a clue. recommendations on a fix, potential causes of the problem, etc. I like the idea of it pulling timing, but I still don’t see why there would be so much, and why would my timing correction help a bit?

is it knocking or pinging at all? did you try to pull a little more timing?

this may sound simple but check all of your grounds, engine to battery and chassis to battery.

i got a idea…drive down here to va, spend a weekend with me and well take the car to ptunning and have then figure out your problems and give you a nice tune

this is a common problem on stock ign in some apps, but I doubt it is the issue here. If it were, a quick way to tell / check is closing the gap a bit.