tuner for (semi) new product

I was wondering if anyone has experience/ knows what they are doing when it comes to working with this item:

http://www.dezod.com/pd_aem_fuel_ignition_controller-universal.cfm

AEM F/IC. I am planning on using this on a supercharger tC running a bit more boost plus water injection.

Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone has experience/ knows what they are doing when it comes to working with this item:

http://www.dezod.com/pd_aem_fuel_ignition_controller-universal.cfm

AEM F/IC. I am planning on using this on a supercharger tC running a bit more boost plus water injection.

Thanks.

PS I definitely just tried to post this in the wrong section, so if a Mod sees it please excuse me.

I thought your new project was a semi

I have used it on a turbo honda. Seems to be decent software but there are many glitches wiht the hardware and the instructions are vague to say the least. Give it some time before more people get things working with it. I have spent a few hours on the phone with AEM helping them trouble shoot the product as I am only one of a few that have actually had it up and running on a honda soo far. It is fairly new.

yeah i need to find someone to tune it also…im getting mine soon

Don, would you recommend it or not, is what I am getting at. Either it is this or eManage Ultimate, and I would rather stay away from that…

I won’t need to mess with the tune until spring at the earliest, though.

It’s not bad software, AEM just releases shit with preliminary support then waits to see what bugs come back with the users. They let the customer do the product testing. Wait till spring for sure. Also I think that AEM has a plug and play harness for your car which is nice because then you don’t have to wire it in.

Dezod has a harness, and from what I last read (months ago) AEM was working on one. Cool, just trying to get stuff lined up for when I get back.

mike have you used this at all?
it looks like a nicer emanage ultimate

Yes. Don is right. It seems like a good solution but it’s buggy as hell in practice. Stick with the emanage blue until they work the bugs out. Emanage Ultimate continues to be a disaster on most applications, but I’ve yet to have an issue with the old “blue” units.

The blue works, but sucks for partial throttle control.

The Ultimate is like a red headed step child for all apps I have encountered. Horrid quality.

AEM FIC is decent, but is a little ‘glitchy’ as Don and Mike stated. I went through an hour long formal training on the unit, and it is promising, but needs to get more of the software developed.

Wow, this is all pretty interesting to me. I never quite knew how poor eManage Ultimate was. Again, I’ll hold out for 5 or 6 months and see what happens then… If no one is noticing an improvement in AEM, eManage Blue and Dezod’s black box it is…

Thanks

Welcome man. Anytime you want to chat tC, hit me up: paul@dezod.com or dezod mtrsprts on AIM