Tuning Issue

If you you’re happy with your tuner, let them fix it. You said you were happy with them, so don’t insult them by telling people your car runs badly after they tuned it LOL. Granted this could all be due to mechanical issues rather than the tune being less than optimal…

could be your plug gap needs to be tighter, or almost any part of the stock ignition system failing.

i think he is currently nowhere near his tuner.

not too mention that the tune could’ve been fine, but there could still be problems. OP also says “he has” been working the tune also.

“Tuning Issue” encompasses more things then the ECU, IMO. :shrug:

Hey, thanks for the feedback…

Today I’m going to grab a step colder plugs from what I have now, and maybe move around the timing a bit up top again, but I have a feeling I wont find it.

I do intend to go back to the shop that tuned me, I had already planned to I just wanted to resolve some of my issues first.

I haven’t really heard of issues with the stock ignition system, its seems pretty adequate, but then again I am the clueless one so I don’t know.

Will, what plugs are you running and the gap? When we parted, the tune at WOT in that area was 10.8-11.2 AFR, and it was not det’ing at all. Possibly a bad tank of gas, or maybe the plugs are fouled? The other possibility would be the change in temps of where you are. We tuned it here at 65-70 degrees with an altitude of 750ft above sea level. Feel free to email me when you have a moment: paul@dezod.com

The car ran perfect on our pulls through every gear and all the way to redline. So not quite sure what happened since our visit.

The stock ignition will work fine up to 350-400HP, which you are no where near. Then it becomes kind of difficult to ignite the mixtures with such intense cylinder pressure, so we end up making some system changes at that point.