Hennessey Venom GT

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/11/hennessey-venom-gt.jpg

Penned by British auto designer, Steve Everitt, the Venom GT would incorporate Hennessey’s potent Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper V10 powerplant into a light weight mid-engine chassis weighing “under 2,700 lbs”. Power would be run through a 6-speed transmission or optional sequential gearbox.

With a power to weight ratio of just 2.7 lbs per bhp Hennessey estimates that the Venom GT could attain 0 to 100 km/h times in less than 2.5 sec. and a 0-300 km/h time of around 14 seconds. Company founder, John Hennessey, is careful to point out that the Venom GT is not being built as a “Veyron Slayer”. Hennessey point out, saying, “The Veyron is an ultra fast and ultra luxurious grand touring car which also happens to be quicker and faster than any other road car, except for our Venom 1000 Twin Turbo SRT which beat the Veyron earlier this year from 0-200 mph. The Venom GT will be a much more engaging sports car to drive by challenging the driver with 1000+ HP in a chassis that is nearly 1500 lbs lighter than the Veyron.”

It’s looks like an elise gt1

[quote=“fiend540,post:2,topic:39387"”]

It’s looks like an elise gt1

[/quote]

Haha, for real.

its still a viper

and no one will get it after they pay for it

i honestly dont buy in to the notion that all of these supercars are obsurd.

even driving around in a 12.0 1/4 car there is definately a need for more power and more cornering prowess and harder braking…

who cares who makes it, just gimme gimme gimme

Could not find the old thread through the search function

The foundation is Lotus’ lovable Elise, which gets chopped, stretched and reinforced at a production facility in Silverstone, England before prepping for heart surgery. Back in Sealy, Texas, the Hennessey Performance workshop takes the General’s supercharged 6.2-liter LS9 V8 and modifies it to one of three tunes.

The “base” 725-horsepower version churns out 741 pound-feet of torque at 3,200 rpm, runs on 91-octane and is the same mill fitted to Hennessey’s HPE700 Camaro. Two twin-turbocharged variants are in the works, one running on 93-octane and putting out 1,000 hp and 900 lb-ft of twist, with another 109-octane-tuned version outputting 1,200 hp and 1,100 lb-ft of torque for customers with an overblown bank account and a undeveloped sense of self-preservation.

Hooking up that prodigious power to the rear wheels is a Ricardo six-speed gearbox with a programmable traction control system to allow an estimated sub-three-second sprint to 60 and prevent unfortunate farming expeditions. But Hennessey didn’t want to make this a track-only tool. “I wanted to have a road-legal car with air conditioning and satellite radio, that had a power-to-weight ratio that is greater than just about every race car short of a Formula One car. I wanted a car that could be taken to Cars and Coffee and be parked with a Pagani Zonda on one side and a Bugatti Veyron on the other. And the entire crowd of car guys would be looking at my car instead of the other two.”

While an Elise front clip might not provide the crowd-stopping presence he’s after, the bodywork is plenty slippery, and Hennessey has shelled out a few ducats for computational fluid dynamic (CFD) testing, which combined with the active and adjustable rear wing, road-molesting Michelin PS2 tires and fully-adjustable suspension ensure things stay sticky when topping out somewhere north of 200 mph.

Stopping the 2,400-pound carbon fiber and aluminum party are a set of 15-inch carbon ceramic rotors, with six-piston calipers in front and four-piston units in the rear.

Hennessey is limiting production of the Venom GT to 10 units a year, and according to the company, four orders have already been placed. When asked what kind of owner he envisions for the VGT, Hennessey says, “The Venom GT buyer is the kind of person who has a lot of choices in their daily lives, but in a world with 200+ Veyrons, they want to be one of the few who owns a Venom GT. Some of our clients view cars as they would clubs in their golf bag. When they feel like reaching for a big hitter, the Venom GT will be there ready to deliver as much performance as they could ever ask for.”

In addition to taking delivery of this modern-day mid-engined Cobra, each buyer will receive a one-day training program at a track in either the UK or the States, with instruction coming from one of Hennessey’s own test drivers.

So what’s all this kit going to cost? When we spoke with Hennessey this afternoon, he tells us that the entry-level model (available in either right- or left-hand drive) will start somewhere north of $600,000, with the twin-turbo variants upping the ante both in output and price. An official announcement should come sometime before we finally lay eyes on the Venom GT in person – likely at this year’s soiree in Pebble Beach.

No AWD, no care?

holy crap. Seems a bit unnecessary to put that heavy of a motor into such a small car even considering all the HP. Just a simple 400hp V6 and keeping the weight down to 1 ton would make this thing just as much of a rocket ship.

for customers with an overblown bank account and a undeveloped sense of self-preservation.

LOL

600k for a chopped elise with a vette motor? no thanks

Really? I’d give my left nut for this.

That car, in those proportions, really lends itself to looking like a Carrera GT.

That actually looks like an exige front clam and rear hatch…

sweet, sign me up for being robbed…

i wonder how he will rob people with this thing… since he is builing it from “scratch” he doesnt have other cars to borrow parts from

I posted this like 6 months ago lol I think Hennessey cleaned up his act, though I’m not certain.

I was at his place for the Texas mile, record setting mustang cobra 200+ mph, lightning 192mph, and ford GT 253mph in the standing mile!

once a crook…

Simple… he will take deposits until the end of time, string it out, produce one or two for himself, declare it a “no go” for other reasons, and then keep the deposits.

933 rwhp and 874 lb-ft of torque on 93 pump gas

This. :eek4:

http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/06/venom_gt_engine_01.jpg

Info here:

Discuss.