Hershey Canada Issues

Hershey Canada Issues Voluntary Recall Of Several Products
Sunday November 12, 2006

Chocolate lovers and bakers will want to scan their cupboards after Hershey Canada issued a voluntary recall of a number of products Sunday.

The chocolate company is pulling a wide range of items from chocolate chips to candy bars from shelves due to possible salmonella contamination of products made at its Smiths Falls plant between Oct. 15 and Nov. 10.

Symptoms of salmonella can include, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhea, and fever.

There have been no reports of illness in connection to the confections so far and Hershey Canada says it’s working in conjunction with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency to ensure its product is safe. None of the recalled products were produced for Halloween.or Christmas treats.

Here’s a look at the affected products:

*Only the date codes starting with four digits ranging from 6417 to 6455 of the following products are included in the recall. The date codes can be found on the back of each unit.

Hershey Chipits Milk Chocolate Chips - 270 gram

Hershey’s Creamy Milk Chocolate with Almonds - 43 gram

Hershey’s Creamy Milk Chocolate - 45 gram

Oh Henry! - 62.5 gram/62.5 gram 4 bars/145 gram

Oh Henry! Bites - 130 gram

Oh Henry! Peanut Butter - 60 gram

Hershey Chipits Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 350gram/2kg

Hershey Chipits mini chocolate chips - 300 gram/10kg/175 gram/500 gram

Hershey Chipits Chocolate Chip Bulk - 10kg

Hershey Chipits Semi-Sweet Mint Chocolate Chips - 300 gram

Hershey Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 300 gram

Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate - 45 gram

Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate with Almonds - 43 gram

Reese Peanut Butter Cups - 51 gram/68 gram/51gram - 4 bars

Lowney Cherry Blossom - 45 gram

Glosette Peanuts - 45 gram

Glosette Almond - 42 gram

Glosette Raisin - 50 gram/145 gram

Hershey’s Chocolate Shell Topping - 177ml

Eat More Dark Toffee Peanut Chew - 56 gram/ 56 gram-4bars

Lowney Bridge Mix - 52 gram/340 gram

Hershey Assorted 16 Count - 728 gram

Hershey Assorted 50 count - 2.5 kg

Nut Roll - 5kg

Hershey Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 10kg

If you have any questions about the recall, call Hershey Consumer Relations at 1-800-468-1714.

Hershey Canada

Whoa who really would have thought there would be Recalls for chocolate i thought that stuff only happens to cars… :S

anthony…are you just trying to get posts?

:{

:wink:

Actually that first post wasnt but now that you’ve said that im posting this now just to add up lmao i’ll stop when im second again…

back on topic: seriously though how would hershey be so careless… they’ve been around for years and how would salmonella possibly get into the chocolate :confused:

yah kinda odd… but will all the shit going on now you never know… like spinage who would think it kills lol… same thing people do crazy shit…

im seriously glad i dont eat chocolate anymore. well i do sometimes but like once or twice a month but what the hell zep you’re right anything can kill you now a days so whatever… :S