High Beams Dead

I bought a 1993 Nissan 240sx hatch recently. The highbeams don’t seem to work at all. When I turn the light switch to full, the lights pop up and illuminate, but when the stick is pulled back to illuminate the high beams, the lights turn off until the stick is allowed to return to its original place.

Also, there is no indication on the dashboard that the high beams are activated. I believe this is an electrical problem (fuses, relay, bulbs? iunno, i’ve been doing some searches, but I want to pinpoint the problem based on my description and everyone’s experience). There’s a partout in the FS thread and I’d like some input before I purchase a pair of lights which were removed from a coupe, originally bought from Canadian Tire.

Also something else light related while I’m at it. The car I bought, has empty holes at the bottom of the front bumper, below the amber turn signals. I could’ve sworn I’ve seen 240’s with clear lights down there. I think its worth buying a set if I can find a used one for cheap.

Thanks