High End 12 Car Sub

Looking to buy one or possibly two high end 12 inch car subs. Need to handle about 400W RMS of real old American power. No junk please. Let me know what you got. Thanks

what brands are you looking for??

Im am pretty much open to brands. As long as its a quality speaker and can handle the power rating of a true RMS amp. Sony Xplode you can get at Wal Mart claims 300 RMS but I dont think it would last more than 5 minutes on my amp. Thanks for the reply.

400W is not that much power for a “high-end” sub… and what’s this “american power” non-sence?

If you want a high-end sub, go grab a RE XXX and build a proper box… but your meesly 400Wrms ain’t gonna cut it; probably gonna need something more like 1-2kWrms.

there is a lot more to consider then rms…

Formula I am not claiming its a lot of power. I just want a nice sub and thought someone would have one they were not using they wanted to sell. Maybe I worded it wrong if so I apologize I didnt mean the thread to be offensive in any way. I am just a fan of Old School American amps I guess we all have our preferences. I seen a lot of amps out today possibly lower end claiming Big Watts Big Power that are terrible if you ask me. I dont need 1-2K worth of power in my tiny car, I need 1 good 12 and want a good sound for my measly 400W RMS. If I wanted 1-2K RMS I would go buy that today. If you know anybody with an Old Gen VII or VIII HiFonics Colossus or Zeus I am very interested as I had them back in the day and never should have sold them. I am getting stuff ready for another car I am working on with a lot of room. Hope I cleared it up. I guess I wrote high end so I didnt get a bunch of low quality speakers.

look up elemental designs. affordable and really good quality and customer support

Look into JL12v3

even a W6 if your amp is really banging out the tunes

I have a blown up eclipse titanium 15" It’s like a 1000 dollar sub you can have it for 100

Even the newer Hifonics stuff is pretty good…

Look at the Resonant Engineering or Elemental Designs subs. Great product; and for the price can not be beat for quality or performance.

I have 2 12 inch Rockford Fosgate’s I’d sell. They are BNIB, never opened.

PM me for more info.

I really appreciate the feedback. At this point I will probably just buy new. I thought someone might have something they were not using. I will definitely look into those mentioned and let you know how I make out. Thanks again Bill