holy crap... coinstar FTW

Okay, I think I need to explain how the Bank of America “Keep the Change” program works, because it seems a handful of you are a little confused.

Lets say you use your BofA card to pay for an $8.25 purchase. BofA “helps you” save money by taking that extra $0.75 and putting it into your savings account. What I think a lot of people miss is that they are not GIVING you that 0.75… they are taking it from your checking account and redistributing it into your savings account, thereby “helping” you save up money.

Granted, for the first three months, BofA will 100% match what it is that they transfer from your checking to your savings, which is cool. After the three months they will continue to match 5% every year… not 5% of what is in your savings account, but 5% of those little round up transfers they do.

This is good for people who suck at saving money, but I’ve met FAR TOO MANY people who think BofA is giving them free money.

I have a totally full crown royal bag that needs to be converted into real money. I wonder how much that will be…

You don’t save anything you dumb cunt. This is the stupidest gimmick I’ve heard of in a long time.

EVERY time you use a credit or debit card you keep the money, fuck, every time you spend cash you do. If you suck that bad at finances that you need to “trick” yourself into saving a whopping $23 a month, then just kill yourself now. If you can’t keep yourself from losing your change in your car seats, or from buying a ho-ho every time you walk past Wegmans than your fat fuck of an ass should just stay home.

:uhh:

Walter, you really seem like you would have some good advice to give if you would just stop sugar coating things.

:word: Banks can do wonderful things with numbers… like make you think you’re saving money when you really aren’t.

You could have saved the fee by converting the money to one of the eCertificates they offer… but considering you needed food I understand your plight.

yeah f’real

but coinstar ftw. i love that thing.

lol just make sure you don’t go dumping it all in at once… I did that and I had to fish some coins out that got stuck in the gaps on the side of the tray you pour it into lol

the best part of the coinstar deal is that not only do they charge YOU a fee, they also get paid by the government for returning change to circulation

the government pays something like $1.12 for every dollar in change collected by coinstar, because it saves the govt from having to produce more change to replace the change people have stockpiled in piggy banks and 5 gallon buckets

^^ Now that I did not know.

watched a thing about coinstar on tv

coinstar takes in mad loot for taking in loot, lol

Wait, can’t you opt to get store credit instead of straight cash and not incur the typical coinstar fees? At least, I thought you could do that at the Weggies near my house.

http://www.coinstar.com/us/WebDocs/A1-0-3-1

biggest gimmick BS ever…I just auto-transfer $100/wk from checking to savings

OMG

i dont carry cash. AT ALL

i use my debit for EVERYTHING

therefore. i dont use coinstar, i use the save your change program at BOA

stfu everyone…

oh god some bitch last week put sticky pennies in the coin machine at work.

they get paid by the advertisers, and the gov’t, win, win win

great

now open a roth IRA with it

If you have more than $.99 in change you are not managing your money!

My bank (M&T on South Park) had a similar machine last year. They would take a % out like Coinstar, but if you were a customer and went up to the counter after dumping your change, they’d give you cash back for what the machine took. I went to drop off some change one day, and it had dissapeared.:mad: Fuck Coinstar, I just throw my change in the ashtray and use it for tolls, small purchases, and I even grab a handful before I go into the store so I don’t end up always getting even more change. I’m one of the few that always buys things with cash. When I delivered pizza and got tips every night, I’d constantly take $40-$50 worth of change to the bank.

why? still spending/saving the same in all reality… you just don;t get it back right away lol

I’m not a fan of carrying change around, too bulky and I always loose it anyway lol