holy crap... coinstar FTW

so after paying rent this week, I was left pretty damn broke (aka, eating peanut butter/ketchup until next payday lol)

well, I have a jar that I throw all my loose change into anytime I get in from being out somewhere. it was at the point where I couldnt even get the top on it anymore so I figured I’d take it to tops and see what kind of loot I’d get. I figured MAYBE 15.00 at the most… (this jar holds roughly 20oz or so)

I got 78.12 :eek: :tup: now I can upgrade a steak one day this week :stuck_out_tongue:

how $ did it take from you like 10$?

if u were really that broke, u wouldn’t be abl;e to afford giving coinstar 5 bucks for changing ur change to cash…it does save some time but still. what a freekin rip

bank of america “keep the change” program FTW

last month i saved about 23 dollaz

hell yeah. I have the plastic container tube from a wooden human maquette - I can tell you from experience it will hold over $130 in assorted coinery. :tup: Iss like free moneh.

yeah… close to it. it takes 8.9 cents on the dollar… I’d rather pay that than sit down with rolls and doing it by hand :stuck_out_tongue:

jon, I heard about that on the radio :tup:

edit: hells yeah tom… you dont even think about it until you gots billz in yo hand

I’ve never used coinstar…thats sweet though :tup:

yeah coinstar is easier than rolling coin, thats a pain in the ass.

i do my spare change there once a month…i average 35 bux a hit

bank of america “keep the change” is awesome

i saved 28 bucks…

Ex. I pump my gas $25.01

I had one of those gigantic plastic pop bottles thats a bank from spencers…When full I coinstared it for almost 300 bux :slight_smile:

:edit: U catch some looks walking in with that thing at tops at 2am lol

what this you speak of?

i do the change dash too. i just sort it out when I’m drinking beers at my place. next thing i know its done. I usually get about 150 a year

hehe…when I’m really bored and I have a lot of change, I’ll roll it up. 2004 alone, I had $90 in pennies. (total of about $300 wiith just P, N, & D’s. I use the quarters for laundry…)

i do it every couple of years and use the profits to make it more efficient for the next time.

at one point i went to banks and got the rolls.
then i used $20 of the “profits” to get an automatic coin sorter
the following time i used $8 to get a stamp with my bank account number on it since i was fed up with writing it on each roll.
so now i’m pretty much set and have been for a couple of years.
$28 > paying coinstar each time.

i think commerce bank provides free coin sorting/cashing even if you aren’t a customer, but i don’t know if they are upstate?

So they credit u that much money closets to the next dollar…id there like a 15 cent window or something…on a side note…if u have a Tops bonus card use it as much as possible…at their gas station on French and Transit i had X amount of points on my bonus card and I got 93 octane for 1.81 gallon

Bump because I’m about to do it. Gimme a quick how-to so that I don’t augment my looks-like-an-ass-walking-through-Tops-with-a-bucket-of-change with breaks-the-coinstar-machine. Do you just throw your change into a big hopper or something?

well i’ll tell u right now it charges u like 8.5 cents tax on every dollar, so it u wanna save that then just roll it and take it to the bank. otherwise, u just walk up to it, hit the big green button, tell it u want to cash your coins in, that u want a cash voucher, and then just dump your change in there. take the recipt up to the cusomter service coutner and $$$$

Thanks for the tip about them taking a cut. If I was smart I’d roll it myself, but I’ll never get around to it so I’ll just accept them charging a fee… Thanks for the how-to. :slight_smile:

i roll my own coin… get about $ 200-$300every 6 months… not too shabby…

i never heard of this bank of america keep the change program… but now that i read about it, they match you for the first 3 months, and it’s limited… but otherwise all they do is charge your debit (checking acct) more, and move funds around to make u think you’re gaining money. it’s stupid.