Bank of America

I have been looking through their website today after hearing about their Keep The Change promotion where they fund your savings account with the left over change on debt card purchases. I use my debt card for everything so I think this is a good deal. They only match up to $250 a year so its not extreme but its $250 more than I would have.

Anyone use this? Do you need to have a min balance in their savings? How does it work? How are they as a bank in general?

I love bank of america. I am awaiting my new check card so I can start that keep the change program too. it should be here this week

Good to hear.

Seems like a good bank. Free checking. No min balance.

Any fees for using the debt card at stores or getting money out of other bank atms?

Also, any min balance in the savings account you are required to have for the keep the change?

bank of america sucks, but thats just in my experiences

Haven’t signed up for keep the change, but I do get offers for it every week.

been using it for a while now. i think i save between 20-40 every month.

they match 100% for the first 1-2 months, then it drops down to 5%. Its worth it, but you have to open 2 accounts if you dont have one already. One is checking the other is savings, and there is a minimum balance for the checking ($100 IIRC)

x2

nothing but bad blood with them…terrible cust. serv. IMO

HSBC FTW.

Just set up your paycheck direct deposit to automatically put a certain amount in savings. You’ll accomplish the same thing, and HSBC’s interest rates on savings will make up for the lack of matching.

BoA > * > dogshit > giving your money to homeless people > HSBC

Although anyone who thinks KTC is “the sweetest idea evar” needs to take elementary self restraint classes.

Bank of America does suck. The “keep the change” thing is a waste of time.

HSBC FTW +1

(and I work at M&T …also sucks)

If you really want cash back open up a rewards credit card, but be sure to pay it off every month. I do that and have earned over $100 since Feb. I charge alot though and pay off completely every month.

Paying it off has nothing to do with redeeming rewards, albiet you’ll probably offset your “rewards” with interest charges if you aren’t smrt.

and another thing about boa… i travel sometimes… when i do i travel to large cites all over the world.

and what bank do i see in every city i go, all over the place – boa.

:word:

fucking :word: x46549/

i have no problems with boa. :gotme:

ya, they have online savings accounts with 6% interest right now. not to bad for a free account

You can get the same (or higher rates) for free at plenty of other places, its no reason to settle for a shitty brick and mortar bank.

Try to find one in Lockport though. That pisses me off. Have to drive into Amherst to find one.