New checking account question...

M and T Banks are nowhere to be found down here… :lol:

Are there any incentives out there for opening a new account with XYZ bank?..

And i need the bank to have locations all over… I was thinking bank of america, but I figured I’d post up to see if anybody knew something I didnt or if anybody wanted to forewarn me of any problems XYZ bank has caused.

Thanks

I haven’t had any issues with my Bank Of America checking account…I have had issues in the past with other Banks.

They did however have some long waiting period for cashing checks when you first open the account.

HSBC has free gifts :gotme:

B of A was offering $75 with a checking account last week.

Bank of America is good, I’d stay with M&T but in your case it’s understandable lol

most offer you $$ but you need to keep XXX in there at all times you need to put XX in their biweekly and need to use you debit card at a ATM X amt of time in 6 months … its so dumb most never get the money the say you will

But only 11 branches in the entire state of FL…

lol its a “world bank”

Too bad when you’re outside of NYS you might have to travel the world to find a damn HSBC ATM.

it is a world bank…but most of the US banking market is saturated and unprofitable…

BoA seems to be the only bank that I can recall seeing many different cities.

I bank with Wachovia/Wells Fargo now, I like their services.

you are saturated and unprofitable…

is you issue the “ATM fee” if it is call M&T see if they can wave your fee for using a non m&t ATM … and see if anywere down their has no fee ATM’s I know we have them up here

:frowning:

And yeah, we typically refund all 3rd party ATM fees in places where we don’t have branches. M&T might do the same.

Dont ask me where I was going with that…

yep :tup: I was semi right for once

Search google for the latest BoA promotional code.

When I opened my checking there two years ago, they gave me 100 bucks to open the account. For a while it was nothing, I don’t know if they are doing 75 bucks now.

For the most part I like BOA, but they are a pain in the ass about holding checks and money orders. So if you don’t need the money, then its no problem, but if you need a check cashed don’t count on it.

My tenant gave me some western union money orders last month, they took over a week to clear.

This month she writes me a HSBC check, that is taking over a week to clear.

The funny thing is they don’t say exactly when it will clear, but they notify you via US mail. The envelope saying “we have held your deposit until xx/xx/xxxx” usually arrives on the same day that the deposit clears, or it will arrive the day after I already have had the funds clear.

But it is REAL nice getting off a plane in PHX or Vegas, or Florida, and just going to a BOA ATM, or making a deposit at a local branch.

It’s funny that they’re called Bank of America, because that’s about to be true. After the stress tests come out and show they need a ton more capital, they’re going to be majority owned by the American government…

soon to be bank of fiat

BoA has been great for me for years. And unlike regional banks, you can find ATMs almost everywhere.