Checking Account

So up untill now all I have ever had was a bank account. I want to open a checking account sometime soon. I was wondering if some banks are better then others to go with. Also not sure if anyone still does this but are there any banks that give you something when you open an account. I have heard of them giving out ipods or 100 dollars when you open up a new account. I dont really care about getting something free for opening it, if I did cool but if not who cares. So what banks have you guys had good experiences with?

Cattaraugus County Bank

HSBC

HSBC

I just got a thing in the mail from Chase saying that they will give you $100.

When I lived in Buffalo I only dealt with HSBC and i never had any problems with them.

HSBC - as long as you don’t fuck up, your OK.

and online banking is the shit.

HSBC fo sho

HSBC

The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation

Bank of America. Never had a problem. People say HSBC is good in Buffalo (and the above posters approve) but I never used them.

BAC is in trouble. They took on a lot more Merrill shit than they anticipated. They’re probably the 2nd most distressed in the US market behind Citi right now. Not that it’d really matter for an FDIC insured checking account, but something to keep in mind long term.

Don’t go with a small bank like ccb. You’ll be pissed if you ever Move. I just went to hsbc and it’s ok so far. What bank are you with now? LOL @ you have never had a checking account, just a savings account. Depending what bank you are with just open a checking there. Wait till you want a loan, then just switch all at once. I got half a point off on my car loan and a 1k credit card when I switched everything over.

How old are you?

Give me your money, you can trust me.

Seriously though, credit unions have always done me right:tup:

:picard:

do you still have your V card?

?

:picard:

My Batt was low in my remote

[sarcasm] I am not confused at all.[/sarcasm]