What bank do you use?

Yea, long story short i’m getting really pissed off with HSBC lately. what do you guys use and what do you recommend? thanks

http://www.citizensbank.com

no problems with them ever!

BOA, plus several credit unions.

oddly enough… HSBC :mamoru:

what issues are you having with HSBC, I couldnt be happier.

I have a interest checking account with no associated fees or minimum balance required, a savings account generating 4.80% interest, etc. Also have my 401k through them.

M&T for me

And my mom’s federal credit union

HSBC, I work thurr, and a credit union

M&T Free Checking

key, free checking and a bunch of useful online banking stuff.

well i’ve been using them for about 5 yrs now and never had a problem. back in novermber i had a balance of $388 on a visa card thru them. i called them and told them to pay the remaining balance. december and january rolls around and i never got a bill from them (kind of odd, but also possible it got thrown out by someone here by accident? i dunno), didn’t think anything of it cause i wasn’t expecting one anyways.

a week ago i get my feb statement, saying that i owe $33.97, with $30 being late fees? so i call them up asking what thats all about, they say that in november $384 was paid on my account leaving a $4 balance? i was like look, why would anyone pay off THAT much of their balance, and leave $4 ? i know that i paid it in full, obviously someone messed up on your end. she says “well sir, technically its still your responsibility to check it”. so now i’m gettin a lil mad, becaause basically she just admitted that they fucked up but its still my problem. so i say ok, i understand mistakes happen, what about taking care of ONE of those late fees and i’ll pay the other one? she just says no, and sits there…complete silence. so i say that even with never having a late payment for all this time thres nothing that you can do for me? “no” silence again.

are u kidding me??? not to mention the first person i talked to i couldn’t even understand so i asked to be transfered to someone else. what great customer service :tdown: :tdown: i could care less about the amount of money involved, cause its not even that much, but i don’t want the marks on my credit from it. ugh

Citizen Bank, never had a problem, never been charged for ANYTHING…

HA!

I was about to start one of these myself. I’m with M&T and fed up with their BS. More than 5 business days to deposit a payroll check?

Just call back and explain the situation. If you’re nice to them and if you haven’t had late charges in the past, they should just take care of you. Ask to speak to a supervisor and explain that you’ve done buisness with them for X amount of years and everything has been good till now. Explain to him/her that it’s a $4 balance and they should take care of you.

Best bet is to be civil to them and they should take care of you. Everytime I’ve forgot to pay a bill or something happens where they don’t get paid, I’ve done the above and it’s been wiped out for me. Including HSBC when I had one of their credit cards.

I’m with MandT now…

but i’m always told to switch to citizens LOL

Im with ^^^^…

I’ve had key for over 6 years now…
Never had a problem…
Pay all my bills online thru them… and best of all…everywhere you go you see a branch/ATM…

M&T

HSBC… They have been good to me since back in the Marine Midland days…

I’ve had my checking, savings and auto loans through M&T for years with out a problem.

Summit Federal Credit Union… can’t beatem, no problems with them that weren’t my own fault.

keybank. my mom works there . they have reveresd all my over drafts